February 25, 2020, 03:14:01 am
News: If someone gives you assistance give them a Good Star
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lost Topic Title  (Read 641 times)
wanmad

Stars: +0/-0

« on: June 08, 2004, 12:11:32 am »

hi..

i have some problem..
i have one application..i develop using visual basic 6 n database microsoft acces..
i develop for standalone..but my boss order me tu develop application through lan..
i mean application can access database trough local area network..so that application can use at many place but share one database..how we can develop it..what i know M$ Access can stuck when 2 user insert data at one time

cn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & App.Path & "\VFinger.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"
cn.Properties("Jet OLEDB:database Password").value = "XXXX"

wrack
Master of TMEOotAP

Stars: +3/-0

Don't look back. Look in the mirror to look back.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 12:52:58 am »

u can use the follwoing connection string.

Code:
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\PCNAME\SHAREDFOLDERNAME\DataBaseName.mdb;Persist Security Info=False

Now about the problem of two user doing something at the sametime, u can solve this by having an lock on the table when u open the recordset or when trying to insert or update..!

Hope this helps.

Since I am in office can't write much.

Cheers

wanmad

Stars: +0/-0

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 05:05:52 am »

u can use the follwoing connection string.

Code:
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\PCNAME\SHAREDFOLDERNAME\DataBaseName.mdb;Persist Security Info=False

Now about the problem of two user doing something at the sametime, u can solve this by having an lock on the table when u open the recordset or when trying to insert or update..!

Hope this helps.

Since I am in office can't write much.

Cheers
hmm thanks a lot.. thumb_yello

hmm but how we can lock that database when insert or update..n user can see or not..i mean user wait a long time or user dont know..

sorry..if i ask a stupid question..becoz im not have any xperience about this..usually im develop for standlone system only... :cry:

wrack
Master of TMEOotAP

Stars: +3/-0

Don't look back. Look in the mirror to look back.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 06:54:45 am »

The best resolution I have found for is don't worry about any locking.

In any database I design, every record has in all the tables have 4 extra fields

audUserCreated
audDateCreated
audUserModified
audDateModified

I use them for conflict resolution. What I do is when I select a record I also pass audUserModified, audDateModified with it. You make some changes to that record and also pass the original audUserModified, audDateModified which were passed with it.

Now before update I check that values in the database for that record has the same audUserModified, audDateModified values as u have now and then u update the record. If not then someone else has changed the record and u have a conflict.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: