February 22, 2020, 03:51:55 pm
News: IF YOU ARE A MEMBER FROM THE ORIGINAL SITE AND CAN'T LOGIN. POST IN THE FEEDBACK FORUM (AS GUEST) AND AN ADMIN WILL ASSIST YOU TO ACCESS THE SITE!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Author Topic: KidOS Communication  (Read 75388 times)
Osnr

Stars: +0/-0

« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2003, 10:41:12 pm »

The normal description page, you can download it there :confused:

If you're satisfied with an answer you get in a thread, please add [Resolved] to the thread title.

aafuss

« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2003, 04:23:53 am »

Great idea for the interface-desktop chanhges when a buton is clicked. I have got \'work experience\'  (IT realted-in sa computer shop) on Wednesdays-so  win\';t be able to post then.

Osnr

« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2003, 04:54:47 am »

Um... IT is far, far more complicated than that. You should get hands-on experience with a C variant.

If you're satisfied with an answer you get in a thread, please add [Resolved] to the thread title.

blindlizard
Monster Poster

« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2003, 06:31:28 pm »

Ok, so we are going to go with the vbAccelerator skinning control, and one of these days I am going to chek it out and understand it, but for now lets leave it on the back burner.

Here is a list of things that need done:

We need that top tool bar done.  It needs to read an ini file (which the format of needs to be determined), and populate the dirfferent sections. Then based on which section is clicked, te desktop changes.  We need another ini file that holds all the programs for that section.  i.e, the child clicks on the games icon on the tool bar.  Then their desktop changes to display all the game icons.

We also need to build in the MS Agent and text to voice so that anything done can be vocal.

we need a chat program that will allow the children to talk to each other with a mic, as well as type and send emoticons.

Finally, we need to develop the login.  I know we talked about this a lot, but I really don\'t remember what we decided.  Can anyone stir my memory?

beerchug I drink to make other people more interesting!
Code:
On Error GoTo Bar

Osnr

« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2003, 01:09:07 am »

Resurrected the thread. We decided to replace the login with our own, and auto-login Windows to hide that one. Though there is the interesting problem of domains and home-offices which need security Sad

blindlizard
Monster Poster

« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2003, 01:09:15 pm »

I think let the parents choose.  They can have it auto login and use our login screen, or they can run our app manually after they log the machine in.  I personally would use this method on my machine, so the kids aren\'t on it when I don\'t want them to be.  On the otehr hand, I would want my 5 year olds machine to just log him in.

Code:
On Error GoTo Bar

Osnr

« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2003, 06:48:12 pm »

Another option: put our app in startup with autologin to somone\'s account. That colud be in the setup program. While we\'re on that, which setup method are we using?

blindlizard
Monster Poster

« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2003, 04:46:41 pm »

I figured Inno Setup.

Code:
On Error GoTo Bar

blindlizard
Monster Poster

« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2003, 04:47:45 pm »

Guys I keep having trouble getting to GalahTech.  I keep getting a DNS error.  Somewhere a DNS server is wrong, but I hope I don\'t perminetly lose you guys.

Code:
On Error GoTo Bar

Osnr

« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2003, 06:36:47 pm »

Originally posted by blindlizard
I figured Inno Setup.

Me too. But we\'ll need to use ISX or IS4 beta.

blindlizard
Monster Poster

« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2003, 07:57:37 pm »

Oh, is Inno going to include scripting in its next realease?  I figured ISX, but if Inno is going to included it we may want to take a look at it.

Code:
On Error GoTo Bar

Osnr

« Reply #251 on: May 23, 2003, 08:00:44 pm »

It will. Read the newsgroups. Go to the website and click on Inno Setup 4.

blindlizard
Monster Poster

« Reply #252 on: May 23, 2003, 09:06:21 pm »

Cool, well lets plan on ISX, but if Inno 4 comes out of beta when we are ready to release, then lets go with Inno 4.

Code:
On Error GoTo Bar

Osnr

« Reply #253 on: May 23, 2003, 09:56:04 pm »

OK, we need developers. We need more places to advertise.

blindlizard
Monster Poster

« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2003, 06:55:09 am »

I posted at these boards:

And I will add something about it on my site.

Hey Osnr, when I try to get to SourceForge here , I get a 404 file not found error. Can you find out why? Also, can you get rid of the bad link you have on the first post of this thread? It takes you to spam popup hell.

Code:
On Error GoTo Bar

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print

Jump to: