September 21, 2020, 01:49:53 pm
News: IF YOU ARE A MEMBER FROM THE ORIGINAL SITE AND CAN'T LOGIN. POST IN THE FEEDBACK FORUM (AS GUEST) AND AN ADMIN WILL ASSIST YOU TO ACCESS THE SITE!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lost Topic Title  (Read 594 times)
Shady

Stars: +1/-1

« on: September 29, 2003, 03:43:07 pm »

Once again I am not sure if this is the right forum... whistling

I have a project that entails scanning numerous amounts of different sized objects. The objects are for a digital archive and the client wants ONLY the image...not a "copy" of the image on letter/legal sized background. I am looking for a scanner/software that can auto detect the size of the image and auto crop. The specs say "ideally the amount of space around the edge of the page does not exceed 1/16th of an inch or 19 pixels".

Not even really sure if the scanner or the software does this...or both or neither.

Any ideas...?

jim mcnamara

Stars: +0/-0

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 09:56:19 pm »

Most printers have a non-printing boundary around the outside of the printable area.  For example HP laserjets typically have about 1/8" plus.

So, unless I am missing something, you'll never get a hardcopy that meets these criteria.  You will have to print on oversize stock, then trim down to whatever size.  Threfore any scanner with sufficient resolution will do.

Martin Wallace
Founders

Stars: +1/-0

God is dead, I have surpassed him.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 10:36:22 pm »

Jim,

I don't think the object of the excercise is to print these documents - but rather to keep digital copies.

I have a cheapo scanner (umax 610p) and when I scan into photoshop, the scanning software automatically crops the image - so I guess this is no great task.

You probably just need to go for the highest resolution and fastest the budget will allow - if you want to get really fancy then a drum scanner is the way to go.

Every time god kills an angel, I masturbate.

Shady

Stars: +1/-1

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 10:39:46 pm »

It is the digital image I am interested in Slaine. So it's the software in conjunction with the scanner that'll do the job I suppose. I've checked out a kodak scanner that I think will do the job for me.

Thanks for the help guys!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: