July 30, 2021, 01:56:23 am
News: GalahTech Community Based Technical Support!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 74155 times)
simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #360 on: June 22, 2021, 07:07:40 pm »

Just opened the project where my son and I are working on the website for my wife's midwife practice and Visual Studio Code asked if I want to trust the author blink

OF course as things have been going lately at work maybe I shouldn't hmm
That bad huh?

Hope all is well on your side of the ocean. It's freaking hot and humid here.
Hot & humid here as well :SWEAT: my AC is mostly keeping up though.

The good news is that our eldest two kids will get their first vaccination next week and will be fully vaccinated before we go to Denmark this year Grin
Awesome! Things are so close to normal 'round here. Now I'm never sure if I should wear my mask or not (90% of places don't require it, and I think the other 10% just haven't taken their signs down).

New album came out last week or so:
https://open.spotify.com/album/25rX3VVs64v0nTb54zSfvR

and we're playing in Dallas (about 4hr away) this weekend. (I think the music vid comes out tomorrow)

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2021, 07:51:28 pm »

That bad huh?
I've had to rewrite part of our data model because someone tried to be clever instead of keeping it simple. This means writing database scripts for MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL and eventually DB2. I'm way over schedule and still have two sets up scripts ready. Thankfully MSSQL will probably be not so bad, but DB2 (like Oracle) will be a monster.

Hot & humid here as well :SWEAT: my AC is mostly keeping up though.

Yeah, we don't have AC but fans do come in handy. Also cool showers just before bed Grin

Awesome! Things are so close to normal 'round here. Now I'm never sure if I should wear my mask or not (90% of places don't require it, and I think the other 10% just haven't taken their signs down).

Yes we are starting to see things open up. We are still wearing masks when we can't keep separate from people. On Sunday we were at a biergarten which is completely outside, and we still had to wear masks when away from our table. Once seated we could  remove the masks (thankfully because it is hard to eat through a mask). Right now things are still a bit cautious as the new Delta variant is starting to spread and since it spreads quickly there's some concern. Although if you've had the jab, then you are less likely to get really sick from it and you won't pass it to someone else. At least that's what the studies are saying.

New album came out last week or so:
https://open.spotify.com/album/25rX3VVs64v0nTb54zSfvR

and we're playing in Dallas (about 4hr away) this weekend. (I think the music vid comes out tomorrow)
Awesome! I've added it to my queue. Love the album cover that mash up of Regan and the Terminator is cool.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #362 on: June 22, 2021, 07:59:06 pm »

I've had to rewrite part of our data model because someone tried to be clever instead of keeping it simple. This means writing database scripts for MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL and eventually DB2. I'm way over schedule and still have two sets up scripts ready. Thankfully MSSQL will probably be not so bad, but DB2 (like Oracle) will be a monster.
Was that someone... you? Wink

Yeah, we don't have AC but fans do come in handy. Also cool showers just before bed Grin
I can't even imagine...

Yes we are starting to see things open up. We are still wearing masks when we can't keep separate from people. On Sunday we were at a biergarten which is completely outside, and we still had to wear masks when away from our table. Once seated we could  remove the masks (thankfully because it is hard to eat through a mask).
heh yeah, that's where we were not long ago.

Awesome! I've added it to my queue. Love the album cover that mash up of Regan and the Terminator is cool.
Thanks! That's pretty much the only instruction we gave the artist.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2021, 03:50:11 pm »

Was that someone... you? Wink
Nope not this time. This decision goes back before I joined the company.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #364 on: July 16, 2021, 11:20:08 pm »

Nope not this time. This decision goes back before I joined the company.
heh, got it, wasn't sure.

I don't know if you're near the flooding but I hope you & your family are safe!!

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #365 on: July 17, 2021, 08:45:58 pm »

heh, got it, wasn't sure.

I don't know if you're near the flooding but I hope you & your family are safe!!

For now we are safe. The flooding was well west of us here in Bavaria. Although we will be on watch as the storm front that caused the damage will hit the Alps tomorrow night, and all our local streams are fed from those mountains. It's a matter of "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

In our case the house is insured, and so are its contents. If there is a possible risk we might shut down the heater (used right now for giving us hot water) and move its heating element upstairs as that is the most expensive part. Also we might try to move the Washer and Dryer up to prevent them from being damaged. We'll be keeping a close eye on the weather.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #366 on: July 17, 2021, 08:48:22 pm »

It's a matter of "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

Good luck, I hope it's a non-event for you!!

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2021, 04:45:41 pm »

It was a non-event for us.

School is almost out. Our eldest is pretty much finished. He passed all his exams and so passed the year. Next year he starts and the next level of school. Kind of like Community College but still for kids I guess is the best way to explain it.

Tomorrow I'll get my second vaccine dose. Pfizer this time so we'll see if I have a reaction to it. Then on the 13th of August my wife and I will be taking a weekend and going to Berlin leaving the boys alone for the weekend. It's about time they get some experience preparing their own meals and such. One of our friends will check on them from time to time and we're only going to be gone from Friday to Sunday, but this is the first time we've left them all alone (no grandparents to take care of them). So this should be interesting.

Finally at the end of August we'll got on a two week vacation to Denmark. It will be so needed Grin

How's things on your side? Have you been able to play live more regularly?

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2021, 05:27:37 pm »

It was a non-event for us.
Good to hear!

School is almost out. Our eldest is pretty much finished. He passed all his exams and so passed the year.
Also good to hear! (I assume the others got good grades as well?)

Next year he starts and the next level of school. Kind of like Community College but still for kids I guess is the best way to explain it.
lol being that I don't understand, I would hate to hear the worst way to explain it laugh1

Tomorrow I'll get my second vaccine dose. Pfizer this time so we'll see if I have a reaction to it.
Good luck! Still better than catching it even if you do have a reaction! (I guess depends on the reaction.)

Then on the 13th of August my wife and I will be taking a weekend and going to Berlin leaving the boys alone for the weekend. It's about time they get some experience preparing their own meals and such. One of our friends will check on them from time to time and we're only going to be gone from Friday to Sunday, but this is the first time we've left them all alone (no grandparents to take care of them). So this should be interesting.
Exciting for them! Hopefully they don't re-enact any 80s comedy movies.

Finally at the end of August we'll got on a two week vacation to Denmark. It will be so needed Grin
lol, yes, two weeks after your vacation you'll be needing a vacation!

How's things on your side? Have you been able to play live more regularly?
Yes!
Last I mentioned, we went to Dallas. Three of us went in the van with the gear, the other two went with their wives/girlfriends separately. The three of us got a "private room" in a hostel across the street so afterward we just rolled our amps out the venue, across the street and up the elevator (I had the hostel put us right across from the elevator so we weren't disturbing too many people late at night). The gig itself went really well too.
Since then, BOTH my bands got on a last minute, Thursday, show... and I fell ill (head cold or sinus infection) the Tuesday before... I lived though! We also played a "punk house" show about two weeks ago... the scene pitched in for a new, bigger, AC (window unit) but it didn't help at all... I lived though!
Both of my bands have a show a week from Saturday but... lead guitarist broke his collar bone in a skateboarding accident... I have no idea if: 1 - we're gonna play without him, 2 - he'll be able to play in some capacity, or 3 - we drop. I want to find out asap, but i don't want to pressure him, but I'm hesitant to advertise the show till I know what the line up is... Nothing scheduled for Aug yet, but we have some in Sept & Dec already booked. I'm going to see if we can do a "three nights, three towns" thing in Oct or Nov when it's cooler out.

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: