May 27, 2020, 06:17:51 am
News: If your question is answered please put [RESOLVED] in the subject of the initial message.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 51007 times)
Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2020, 06:24:16 am »

How's it going? Still hanging on?

We're starting to open up here a bit now. Although our planned vacation to Denmark has been canceled. We're working on rebooking everything for late summer. Hopefully that will work out.

At least we are able to socialize a bit now. Last Sunday we visited some friends. Spent the afternoon in their garden with appropriate distances. It was nice. The husband was saying that it's difficult for his band since they can't play together. They try to talk once a week though zoom or skype.

Hope everything is good on your end.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2020, 03:17:44 pm »

How's it going? Still hanging on?
Same 'ol here. Still working from home, with no sign of that changing. Our office is an older building in an area where people want to put "mid-rises." We found out like the day before the pandemic that our landlord sold and the buyer was finishing the details on buying the building next door (the other side had already been transformed in the past 10 years and 10 years before that across the street had been, so no real surprise). The past couple months they've given us reduced rent, and my boss says if they raise it, we'll just move out. I don't have an issue with that, my equipment here is much better anyway.
Speaking of, I realized that my computer only had 8gb ram. it maxes at 32, and since that 8gb was 2x4, I just got 2x8 more so it's at 24gb now Grin I honestly never noticed it but since I don't have band stuff, or shows, and my freelance is winding down, I've resumed a video game or two and some were ram intensive.

We're starting to open up here a bit now. Although our planned vacation to Denmark has been canceled. We're working on rebooking everything for late summer. Hopefully that will work out.
Yeah, it's a bit confusing what's open and what the "rules" are now. Bars can be open, but everyone has to sit, no one is allowed to go to the bar and the bartender brings drinks. How that pertains to venues is uncertain. We had a show May 30th that we thought was happening, but has been postponed till who knows when. We have one on the books for June 6th, waiting to hear from the venue, and supposedly just booked one for June 12th... we shall see.

At least we are able to socialize a bit now. Last Sunday we visited some friends. Spent the afternoon in their garden with appropriate distances. It was nice. The husband was saying that it's difficult for his band since they can't play together. They try to talk once a week though zoom or skype.
One of my bands has gotten together once (on the 14th) and the other one has gotten together 3 or 4 times. Other than that, and a once or twice a week visit from a ladyfriend, it's just been me & the cats Another Tounge I did go to church for mothers day :o (was masked up for that, it's a tiny church even when everyone is in attendance, might have been 20 people there at the time).

Hope everything is good on your end.
Thanks, same to ya!

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: