September 19, 2020, 11:32:53 am
News: If your question is answered please put [RESOLVED] in the subject of the initial message.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 57100 times)
Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #270 on: November 04, 2019, 06:45:02 pm »

Time to get cracking on a video game thumb_yello did you get the email I forwarded you?

Oh yeah, I got that email. I don't think I was on that forum. I was on the VB one where GT basically split off from.

And I'm thinking about what sort of game I might want to create. I have an idea and have created a GitHub repository Grin

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2019, 05:10:12 pm »

Oh yeah, I got that email. I don't think I was on that forum. I was on the VB one where GT basically split off from.
Yeah, this one was a split from there too, but I don't recall if it was the same time/rift. I was thinking we could have absorbed them, but not sure if we should have. Moot point now though.

And I'm thinking about what sort of game I might want to create. I have an idea and have created a GitHub repository Grin
Exciting! Are the details a secret!?

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #272 on: November 09, 2019, 05:41:59 pm »

Exciting! Are the details a secret!?
Nothing secret. You know the movie Fantastic Voyage from like the 60's? The player is a person shrunken down and has to guide themselves to different issues in a body. Fight diseases, fix wounds, clear clots that sort of thing.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2019, 09:05:25 pm »

Nothing secret. You know the movie Fantastic Voyage from like the 60's? The player is a person shrunken down and has to guide themselves to different issues in a body. Fight diseases, fix wounds, clear clots that sort of thing.
That sounds pretty awesome! Looking forward to being a beta tester! Another Tounge

..... .....

Bonker Gudd
Monster Poster

Stars: +0/-0

« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2019, 01:23:44 am »

You get pumped with electrons.

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #275 on: December 07, 2019, 06:56:12 pm »

Just a friendly reminder that I'm still alive Grin

Had a week off, and was busy getting things ready for Christmas. Will be back in the office for the next two weeks, and then I'm off for the rest of the year.

How's it going for you?

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2019, 03:43:24 pm »

Just a friendly reminder that I'm still alive Grin
Good to hear! yay I just assumed you were immersed in game development crash

Had a week off, and was busy getting things ready for Christmas. Will be back in the office for the next two weeks, and then I'm off for the rest of the year.
I've taken 7 days off this year... (I'm not even sure how many I'm allotted, i think 15 hmm )

How's it going for you?
Same 'ol same 'ol... Still dealing with my mistake of having two concurrent freelance projects, both starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, but the finish line keeps moving...

Both of my bands have gig's this weekend. It's a two day music fest and I have a band in each lineup. I think that's better than having both on one night, especially if there is an amp for me to use.

Planning to move to a cheaper apartment soon (in a month... coming fast...) and i should save about $400 a month... I wish I had done it 4 years ago lol. I rented my current apartment site unseen and should have moved as soon as that year was up. I haven't actually chosen a place though... I have a couple in mind and am ready to put down a deposit today if they tell me they can install a dishwasher.

EDIT:
Finished A2 in Star Pirates last night... not sure what to do with myself now... kinda thinking of starting A3  fish
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 03:52:36 pm by simmo » Logged

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #277 on: December 14, 2019, 09:37:40 pm »

Good to hear! yay I just assumed you were immersed in game development crash

Na I'm a little burned out to tell the truth. It's the end of the year and my family are really busy and so that adds to the work stress.

I've taken 7 days off this year... (I'm not even sure how many I'm allotted, i think 15 hmm )

See you should take another 8 soon Grin

Same 'ol same 'ol... Still dealing with my mistake of having two concurrent freelance projects, both starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, but the finish line keeps moving...

Well at least you learned something

Both of my bands have gig's this weekend. It's a two day music fest and I have a band in each lineup. I think that's better than having both on one night, especially if there is an amp for me to use.

So it's a kind of two-for-one thing.

Planning to move to a cheaper apartment soon (in a month... coming fast...) and i should save about $400 a month... I wish I had done it 4 years ago lol. I rented my current apartment site unseen and should have moved as soon as that year was up. I haven't actually chosen a place though... I have a couple in mind and am ready to put down a deposit today if they tell me they can install a dishwasher.

Yeah, saving 400 a month would be really good. How much further do you have to go to work if you move?

EDIT:
Finished A2 in Star Pirates last night... not sure what to do with myself now... kinda thinking of starting A3  fish

Yep I was online when the announcement sounded in the shoutbox!. I recently bought a dread and made level 47. I'm now trying to up my stats a bit more since some of my farms think they should get some xp off of me grrr

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2019, 09:35:46 pm »

Na I'm a little burned out to tell the truth. It's the end of the year and my family are really busy and so that adds to the work stress.

I hear that! I'm closing in on the end of both freelance projects (well, kinda, one is a two "site" thing, but they are very similar and the second part should be at least 80% of just copying features of the part we're polishing up now), I don't plan to take any more anytime soon...

See you should take another 8 soon Grin

Totally jinxed myself! Today is my first day back after being bedridden (flu/fever) most of last week. (I still have 9 days I could take lol)

So it's a kind of two-for-one thing.

Well... If everything had gone according to plan, not really because playing separate nights so essentially two separate shows... BUT... Let me just start at the beginning:
- We were asked to play back in June (it's an annual thing, and typically a big deal)
- Early December, 2nd I believe, when I find out what days it's going to be, I message the guy that puts it on, letting him know that [band 1]'s guitarist is unavailable on dec 14th, so will need to be on the 13th (and a later time slot if possible). He acknowledges.
- I message him a few times that week, asking what the time slots will be. Each time, he says "I'll work on it tonight."
- The next week (week of show) I message daily.
- on the 12th, I message him "[band 2] would like an early saturday slot if possible." He replies "That works well for me actually." [more on this later #1]
- He texts me back about an hour later with a timeslot for saturday, no mention of band name [more on this later #2]
- Later that night, on the rare occasion that I was away from screens, he posts the full linups/times... and that's when I see [band 1] is on Saturday... I immediately message him, his response makes it sound like I'm making a change causing it to make him redo it "again." I never hear back that night.
- Day of show, facebook still shows us on Sat, he's not responding to anyone (judging by facebook he was out and about the previous night so I assume was still sleeping).
- A few hours before the show, after the band has been messaging me all day, I decided to call it off and made a post on our bandpage, as well as personal page, "due to lack of communication blahblah"
- ONE HOUR before the show he says "first band dropped, y'all come out." I reply "most of the guys live over an hour away, they wouldn't make it in time." and he says "i told them to come out, they didn't think to leave earlier? whatever..."

So...
After all that, I really felt like I shouldn't play the 2nd night. Basically, I felt like [band1] was disrespected and pushed off the bill, and I would be disrespecting the rest of the band by playing. I posed this to [band2] and let them know that I had been going back & forth with myself all day and couldn't come to a decision, and for them to consider if what happened to [band1] happend to their other bands (they are all in different other bands) and if they decided to do it, I would show up, play, and leave.
So they decided to cancel.

I know dude who puts it on has been going though a tough time, and I'm more than happy to just move on and forget about it (well not forget, don't think I'll be too eager to work with him in that capacity). However, if he had worked on the scheduling even a day earlier than he did, this could have been avoided. "more on this later #1" I feel like maybe, just mabey, if i hadn't made this request, it wouldn't have gotten messed up, but i triple checked that I mentioned the band's name in every instance. "more on this later #2" I wish I would have confirmed the band name when he just gave me a time & date... I just assumed it was [band2] because 1 - we had just talked about that band, 2 - i had already mentioned [band1] couldn't play that day. Of course, I need to quit trying to take responsibility...

Yeah, saving 400 a month would be really good. How much further do you have to go to work if you move?

old place is 1.1 miles, new place is 1.3. New place might be a better commute (have to cross some busy streets with old commute) but that passes near a school so not sure what congestion that ensues.

Yep I was online when the announcement sounded in the shoutbox!.

ah. I had met all the requirements about 12hrs before, but was still lacking two rare+ neurals (I already had the one I intend to use, but wanted to complete the set). I was on my last day before the timer ran out, the rules say that you can't do hourly searches after your time is up, but someone said different in the SB, so I was going to just test the theory in the morning (for me) but for some reason I was up late, tried an hourly, was denied, hit "complete ascension," did my hourly and logged off laugh1

I recently bought a dread and made level 47. I'm now trying to up my stats a bit more since some of my farms think they should get some xp off of me grrr
I think my issue is I don't know where I should concentrate my efforts, better ship, different items, or keep upping the Mk# of current items...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:37:56 pm by simmo » Logged

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #279 on: December 24, 2019, 10:19:44 pm »

Totally jinxed myself! Today is my first day back after being bedridden (flu/fever) most of last week. (I still have 9 days I could take lol)

See you should have taken some time off so you didn't get sick Wink

Well... If everything had gone according to plan, not really because playing separate nights so essentially two separate shows... BUT... Let me just start at the beginning:
- We were asked to play back in June (it's an annual thing, and typically a big deal)
- Early December, 2nd I believe, when I find out what days it's going to be, I message the guy that puts it on, letting him know that [band 1]'s guitarist is unavailable on dec 14th, so will need to be on the 13th (and a later time slot if possible). He acknowledges.
- I message him a few times that week, asking what the time slots will be. Each time, he says "I'll work on it tonight."
- The next week (week of show) I message daily.
- on the 12th, I message him "[band 2] would like an early saturday slot if possible." He replies "That works well for me actually." [more on this later #1]
- He texts me back about an hour later with a timeslot for saturday, no mention of band name [more on this later #2]
- Later that night, on the rare occasion that I was away from screens, he posts the full linups/times... and that's when I see [band 1] is on Saturday... I immediately message him, his response makes it sound like I'm making a change causing it to make him redo it "again." I never hear back that night.
- Day of show, facebook still shows us on Sat, he's not responding to anyone (judging by facebook he was out and about the previous night so I assume was still sleeping).
- A few hours before the show, after the band has been messaging me all day, I decided to call it off and made a post on our bandpage, as well as personal page, "due to lack of communication blahblah"
- ONE HOUR before the show he says "first band dropped, y'all come out." I reply "most of the guys live over an hour away, they wouldn't make it in time." and he says "i told them to come out, they didn't think to leave earlier? whatever..."

So...
After all that, I really felt like I shouldn't play the 2nd night. Basically, I felt like [band1] was disrespected and pushed off the bill, and I would be disrespecting the rest of the band by playing. I posed this to [band2] and let them know that I had been going back & forth with myself all day and couldn't come to a decision, and for them to consider if what happened to [band1] happend to their other bands (they are all in different other bands) and if they decided to do it, I would show up, play, and leave.
So they decided to cancel.

I know dude who puts it on has been going though a tough time, and I'm more than happy to just move on and forget about it (well not forget, don't think I'll be too eager to work with him in that capacity). However, if he had worked on the scheduling even a day earlier than he did, this could have been avoided. "more on this later #1" I feel like maybe, just mabey, if i hadn't made this request, it wouldn't have gotten messed up, but i triple checked that I mentioned the band's name in every instance. "more on this later #2" I wish I would have confirmed the band name when he just gave me a time & date... I just assumed it was [band2] because 1 - we had just talked about that band, 2 - i had already mentioned [band1] couldn't play that day. Of course, I need to quit trying to take responsibility...

Well that was a hell of a roller coaster! Not your fault, the dude running things wasn't really trying to communicate with band 1 and that's not cool.

old place is 1.1 miles, new place is 1.3. New place might be a better commute (have to cross some busy streets with old commute) but that passes near a school so not sure what congestion that ensues.

I guess that depends on how far the school is away from the road, and how many parents insist on driving their children to school. Other than distance is still totally doable. You should talk your boss into getting a shower put into the office so you can ride your bike to work Wink

ah. I had met all the requirements about 12hrs before, but was still lacking two rare+ neurals (I already had the one I intend to use, but wanted to complete the set). I was on my last day before the timer ran out, the rules say that you can't do hourly searches after your time is up, but someone said different in the SB, so I was going to just test the theory in the morning (for me) but for some reason I was up late, tried an hourly, was denied, hit "complete ascension," did my hourly and logged off laugh1

Saw you get your new level recently too. Now that I have a dread I'm working on getting my stats up again. Need to stay crunchy. After that I'll start looking to leveling. In the mean time my cargo will go to upgrading my kit. I'm currently flying with 4 PBs which gives me a nice little punch, thinking of adding another to my build eventually Grin

So since it is Christmas Eve and here in Germany that's as good as Christmas, I hope you have a good one and enjoy your time off.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #280 on: December 26, 2019, 03:38:49 pm »

See you should have taken some time off so you didn't get sick Wink
Not sure that would have helped, but I do plan to try to take more "random" days off now that i have a bit of a baseline for what i've been averaging. We're pretty laid back here and no one really counts or keeps track, as long as it's not excessive or causing an issue.

Well that was a hell of a roller coaster! Not your fault, the dude running things wasn't really trying to communicate with band 1 and that's not cool.
Yeah, regarding band1, they got totally shafted. I was just on the fence about band2, the "drama" had nothing to do with 3/5ths of the band.

I guess that depends on how far the school is away from the road, and how many parents insist on driving their children to school.
This is Houston so, it's not far from the road and everyone has to drive Another Tounge (and I think it's an elementary school). I already know a route that's only a couple blocks out of the way that I'll probably take by default.

Other than distance is still totally doable. You should talk your boss into getting a shower put into the office so you can ride your bike to work Wink
Not sure that it would make a difference laugh1

Saw you get your new level recently too. Now that I have a dread I'm working on getting my stats up again. Need to stay crunchy. After that I'll start looking to leveling. In the mean time my cargo will go to upgrading my kit. I'm currently flying with 4 PBs which gives me a nice little punch, thinking of adding another to my build eventually Grin
Oh wow! How'd you wind up with 4 PBs! I have one that I found ina lucky search, they are nice!

So since it is Christmas Eve and here in Germany that's as good as Christmas, I hope you have a good one and enjoy your time off.
Thanks! You too! Although "time off" just means working on these damn freelance projects... lol, never again!

I'm the only one in the office today Another Tounge time to start calling the utilities that couldn't handle transferring service via the internet...

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #281 on: December 27, 2019, 01:35:20 pm »

Oh wow! How'd you wind up with 4 PBs! I have one that I found ina lucky search, they are nice!

It's one of the reasons I took so long to get a dread. Sometimes people sell their PBs for between 50 and 30 mil. When I see one for sale, and I have the cargo, I buy it Grin. What I need to start doing is to start upgrading them above the default MK0.

So yesterday I got the chance to do a little painting (literally), and I filmed it with my new action camera. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJwFkjSKIBQ

I'm currently rendering a second video with another painting but it's not time lapsed so it takes longer to render. I'll be posting it as soon as it is done.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #282 on: December 27, 2019, 04:19:05 pm »

It's one of the reasons I took so long to get a dread. Sometimes people sell their PBs for between 50 and 30 mil. When I see one for sale, and I have the cargo, I buy it Grin. What I need to start doing is to start upgrading them above the default MK0.

Yeah, I think that's my problem, I can't decide where to focus... Ship for more slots, better things in those slots, or upgrading what I have already? I typically go for a rogue/glass cannon type of build, but looks like I have a decent turtle suit if I wanted (I must have gone that route sometime in the past).
Part of me thinks I should get rid of any "lab coat" type gear (and consumables) since I haven't done any of that since the early days.

(standard slots)
2[2]   Class X Drive Unit - Mk I*   Very Rare   
1[1]   Linked Nanobot Casing - Mk 0   Very Rare   
1[1]   Military Targeting Comp. - Mk II*   Very Rare   
1[1]   Plasma Cannon - Mk I*   Very Rare   
1[1]   Pulsar Beam - Mk 0   Very Rare   
1[1]   Signature Scrambled Goose Egg Circuit - Mk II*   Very Rare   
1[1]   Graviton Beam Array - Mk III*   Rare+   
3[3]   Phaser Emitter - Mk II*   Rare+   
1[1]   Fusion Blaster Array - Mk II*   Rare   

(special slots)
1[1]   Class VIII Drive Unit - Mk III*   Rare+   
1[1]   Cyberlink AI - Mk II*   Rare   

(rare and up in hold)
1   Class VIII Turtling Shields - Mk I*   Rare+   Sell Upgrade
7   Class VIII Turtling Shields - Mk II*   Rare+   Sell Upgrade
3   Class I Energy Technology - Mk I*   Rare   Sell Upgrade
1   Class I Energy Technology - Mk 0   Rare   Convert Upgrade
1   Class VII Energy Shield - Mk I*   Rare   Sell Upgrade
2   Class VII Energy Shield - Mk II*   Rare   Sell Upgrade
5   Cyberlink AI - Mk 0   Rare   Convert Upgrade
1   Depleted Uranium Plating - Mk I*   Rare   Sell Upgrade
2   Depleted Uranium Plating - Mk III*   Rare   Sell Upgrade
1   Graviton Beam - Mk I*   Rare   Sell Upgrade
1   Graviton Beam - Mk III*   Rare   Sell Upgrade
1   Overamped Laser Battery - Mk III*   Rare   Sell Upgrade
1   Xeortrium Armor - Mk I*   Rare   

(base)
1   Class III Energy Technology   Very Rare   Convert Market Send
1   Class VIII Drive Unit   Rare+   Convert Market Send
1   Phaser Emitter   Rare+   Convert Market Send
1   Class I Energy Technology   Rare   Convert Market Send

So yesterday I got the chance to do a little painting (literally), and I filmed it with my new action camera. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJwFkjSKIBQ
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, seeing the technique for certain parts was interesting. (I kept trying to scroll up after you bumped the camera lol)

I'm currently rendering a second video with another painting but it's not time lapsed so it takes longer to render. I'll be posting it as soon as it is done.
Looking forward to it! :clap:

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #283 on: January 15, 2020, 08:03:26 pm »

Well I hope you had a good start to the new year.

I've been back to the office for a week and a half now. Lots of things going on to keep me busy.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2020, 08:13:08 pm »

Well I hope you had a good start to the new year.

I've been back to the office for a week and a half now. Lots of things going on to keep me busy.
Wow, no, I haven't laugh1 Moving was terrible! Took the movers longer than I thought, so I started having anxiety about how much it was going to cost. Then the gas guy they sent the day before to turn on my service caused a leak, so another one had to come out and re-do his work. I got spider bites that are just not going away. Started the move Tuesday, didn't finish till Saturday Another Tounge Granted, I wasn't 100% packed, and I was putting in my 8 hours a day at the office Thurs & Fri (and band rehearsals Weds & Thurs)...
All moved in and started to get things unpacked & organized (while making time for freelance & bands (and job)), I think, once the dust settles, a lot of things will be better than the old place, but the new place has it's share of quirks.

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print

Jump to: