December 12, 2019, 03:54:18 am
News: GalahTech Community Based Technical Support!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 41393 times)
simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2019, 04:33:53 pm »

Not sure if that's possible they are in the middle two floors of this building https://www.google.de/maps/place/Miniatur+Wunderland/@53.5445185,9.9891525,96a,35y,206.4h,45.03t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x47b18f046c70d7e1:0xa74ecf412ecd18ba!8m2!3d53.5437292!4d9.9885157 I'm not sure what's above them though Grin
Maybe multiple locations would be a good idea, they could group similar themes together, seasons, sci-fi, etc.

Sounds like you're going to be tired after that show
Yeah, I can't say I've played two sets before, I have had 3 rehearsals back to back to back. A performance is about 30mins, while a rehearsal is 120, however, I exert more energy & adrenaline during a performance. My guitarist played two sets at the show in NOLA, with a band in between, and he said it wiped him out, but I'm younger so can handle it laugh1 (only by 3 years)

Great just let me know through the PMs.
It was tricky figuring out how to do it, but you should see a new site under your account. If that doesn't work, I'm not opposed to giving you access to my account to set one up. I don't think we have the option for lunux vs windows anymore.

That's the secret, you don't stay in very long. Get wet, get washed, get rinsed, get out Wink
laugh1 I meant he wasn't int he Army long. 'twas the end of Korea, people were getting drafted left & right and the anticipation was giving him too much anxiety (there is a BAD streak of worriers in my bloodline, makes no sense to me) so he voluntarily signed up. Did boot camp, then dug holes & re-filled them while waiting to be shipped out. Finally the orders came, they were shipping out in the morning, and by the morning, the war ended Another Tounge

yikes No wonder they were grumpy laugh1
Apparently the biggest issue was that the seat backs are pretty vertical (and non-adjusting). I think if we have a "rotation schedule" (like every 2 hr) that would fix some. The eldest called shotgun and retained it, without contest, all 12hr. Personally I would have said something, if I weren't the driver (like, if I were one of the ones suffering Another Tounge ).

Yeah I started back, had to start a new character since my old one was retired for inactivity. I'm playing with the [PDH] fleet as JackTRipper Wink
Kinda weird we came back at roughly the same time :o I guess I've checked in often enough over the past 10 years to keep mine from retiring. I'm currently working though the 2nd ascension mission, hoping to be done in a couple months.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #256 on: July 29, 2019, 05:21:08 pm »

Maybe multiple locations would be a good idea, they could group similar themes together, seasons, sci-fi, etc.

That might be a possibility.

Yeah, I can't say I've played two sets before, I have had 3 rehearsals back to back to back. A performance is about 30mins, while a rehearsal is 120, however, I exert more energy & adrenaline during a performance. My guitarist played two sets at the show in NOLA, with a band in between, and he said it wiped him out, but I'm younger so can handle it laugh1 (only by 3 years)

Ah yes the fun of getting older Wink

It was tricky figuring out how to do it, but you should see a new site under your account. If that doesn't work, I'm not opposed to giving you access to my account to set one up. I don't think we have the option for lunux vs windows anymore.

Ok I see it. Surprised that it's under the Galahtech domain but it's just for doing some tests so no big deal Grin

laugh1 I meant he wasn't int he Army long. 'twas the end of Korea, people were getting drafted left & right and the anticipation was giving him too much anxiety (there is a BAD streak of worriers in my bloodline, makes no sense to me) so he voluntarily signed up. Did boot camp, then dug holes & re-filled them while waiting to be shipped out. Finally the orders came, they were shipping out in the morning, and by the morning, the war ended Another Tounge

I guess he lucked out then Grin

Apparently the biggest issue was that the seat backs are pretty vertical (and non-adjusting). I think if we have a "rotation schedule" (like every 2 hr) that would fix some. The eldest called shotgun and retained it, without contest, all 12hr. Personally I would have said something, if I weren't the driver (like, if I were one of the ones suffering Another Tounge ).

You can tell the ones that complained that my wife called them pussies. That's how everyone road around in the 50's and 60's Grin She said "our kids rode all through France that way, and the eldest didn't have much room and didn't complain." laugh1

Kinda weird we came back at roughly the same time :o I guess I've checked in often enough over the past 10 years to keep mine from retiring. I'm currently working though the 2nd ascension mission, hoping to be done in a couple months.

Yeah I rejoined a few years ago, and have been slugging my way through again. I'm a lot crunchier than I was from the first time I played. I'm not sure I have the patience (or money) to do an ascension.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2019, 02:37:05 pm »

Ok I see it. Surprised that it's under the Galahtech domain but it's just for doing some tests so no big deal Grin
Yeah, I think there's some weirdness with the way things were migrated. If I was setting up a new domain it would be easy[er], and I think adding subdomains to domains I've added since the migration might be ok, but my stinkbugonline and all its subsites is FUBAR laugh1 I don't even see the option to subdomain it anymore.

I guess he lucked out then Grin
I think he was always a bit bummed out about not getting to see the world. I believe all his cousins went to Germany and had a great time Another Tounge

Yeah I rejoined a few years ago, and have been slugging my way through again. I'm a lot crunchier than I was from the first time I played.
oh lol, I didn't realize you had been back so long. I just randomly logged in, which I probably do once or twice a year, and the new interface seemed intriguing. Sounds like there's some improvements coming soon so decided to try to stick around a bit.

I'm not sure I have the patience (or money) to do an ascension.
Yeah, it's pretty solo, and slow going. I pretty much have no hope of getting a larger ship (Warship Mk. III currently). I have spent a few dollars on points to do some searches and might spend a few more since i'm still missing about 5 Neural Interfaces (and of course they are all, with the exception of one, Rare+ )

Had a pretty awesome show last Friday. We played way too early... shows usually don't start till 9 or 10, we went on at 8... I made sure everyone knew it would be early though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQRWj5TOxgE

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2019, 09:29:48 am »

Yeah, I think there's some weirdness with the way things were migrated. If I was setting up a new domain it would be easy[er], and I think adding subdomains to domains I've added since the migration might be ok, but my stinkbugonline and all its subsites is FUBAR laugh1 I don't even see the option to subdomain it anymore.

No big deal it's just to test anyway (once I get the time to do that Tongue )

I think he was always a bit bummed out about not getting to see the world. I believe all his cousins went to Germany and had a great time Another Tounge

Well yeah, Germany is great Grin

oh lol, I didn't realize you had been back so long. I just randomly logged in, which I probably do once or twice a year, and the new interface seemed intriguing. Sounds like there's some improvements coming soon so decided to try to stick around a bit.

Yeah the changes are nice and make things interesting again. Better if you are Noto though. I'm hardly ever Noto so it sometimes seems pointless.

Yeah, it's pretty solo, and slow going. I pretty much have no hope of getting a larger ship (Warship Mk. III currently). I have spent a few dollars on points to do some searches and might spend a few more since i'm still missing about 5 Neural Interfaces (and of course they are all, with the exception of one, Rare+ )
Well that was the whole point of ascenion, to make you spend more money Tongue

Had a pretty awesome show last Friday. We played way too early... shows usually don't start till 9 or 10, we went on at 8... I made sure everyone knew it would be early though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQRWj5TOxgE

Awesome. The singer looks familiar from one of your other really early videos from a house show you were doing. Is that the same guy from Limp Johnson? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPx7B5QgFMw&list=PLfCVLjSeazpRUBrv8LjJR6PaqtoPyqVUe

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2019, 06:23:48 pm »

No big deal it's just to test anyway (once I get the time to do that Tongue )

I feel that.

Well yeah, Germany is great Grin

I'm not big into traveling but if I had to, its one place I'd choose. Probably cos my people came from there in the 1700's

Well that was the whole point of ascenion, to make you spend more money Tongue

It's working, just spent another $10 on points... 10 minutes later I'm still missing 2-4 neural interfaces... I still have 5 more levels to go till I get out of A2 though.

Awesome. The singer looks familiar from one of your other really early videos from a house show you were doing. Is that the same guy from
heh good eye/memory. Yep, it is. (same drummer too, added a guitarist.) Playing most of the same songs as well.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #260 on: August 31, 2019, 07:57:22 am »

I feel that.

Probably won't do much for at least another week. I'm on vacation and we're going to Hamburg and Bremen with the kids. Wink

I'm not big into traveling but if I had to, its one place I'd choose. Probably cos my people came from there in the 1700's
They had a news bit sometime ago here, where they were discussing the Texan dialect of German. Since there were so many Germans that settled in Texas and their language kind of changed. Funny enough the Amish from my part of the US also speak a very old version of German. My wife says she could communicate with them when she visited, but had to think about the words they were using because they weren't really in use anymore.

It's working, just spent another $10 on points... 10 minutes later I'm still missing 2-4 neural interfaces... I still have 5 more levels to go till I get out of A2 though.
I'm slowly getting to where I can buy a dread. It's going to take a while, still need another 35 mil to reach that level. Then hopefully I can get better hits on my research.

heh good eye/memory. Yep, it is. (same drummer too, added a guitarist.) Playing most of the same songs as well.

Ha! Thought so. He didn't change too much in the decades previous Grin

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2019, 03:06:10 pm »

Probably won't do much for at least another week. I'm on vacation and we're going to Hamburg and Bremen with the kids. Wink
I feel like you just got back from vacation laugh1 I've realized not too long ago that I'm not taking enough Another Tounge I get like 3 or 4 weeks and last year I only took 8.5 days and so far this year next Tuesday will be 5.

They had a news bit sometime ago here, where they were discussing the Texan dialect of German. Since there were so many Germans that settled in Texas and their language kind of changed. Funny enough the Amish from my part of the US also speak a very old version of German.
Yeah, my people are from VA. Landed there in the mid-1700s and settled in the valley because it reminded them of home.

My wife says she could communicate with them when she visited, but had to think about the words they were using because they weren't really in use anymore.
Like "bible" speak? laugh1 verily & thou & whatnot

I'm slowly getting to where I can buy a dread. It's going to take a while, still need another 35 mil to reach that level. Then hopefully I can get better hits on my research.
I can't even remember what my "real" ship is. Just over 4 levels till I get out of A2, still missing 4 neurals though... 2 of which were suggested I get (and all 4 rare+). I do have 90'ish days remaining (which just means I can't do anything that doesn't require points) so, assuming i do hit the required level (40) before then I might just chill and hope i get them in an hourly search. (BUT... if I spend $ now, i could have a easier time finishing sooner sofa )

Ha! Thought so. He didn't change too much in the decades previous Grin
A bit less hair and a bit more belly laugh1

I think I'm going to start apartment shopping this weekend. My lease is coming up for renewal and they want a 90 day move out notice. I have 30 days till that 90 days if I want everything to line up. I've found a couple places that are similar proximity to work, and like $400 cheaper... I've been trying to think of the "what about my apt is worth $400 a month" (granted these places are smaller, but now that my cat has drastically slowed down (he's 16yrs old) I think that's fine). The only thing I think I would miss is having in-apt laundry, but when I think about "for less than $400 i could have someone DO my laundry..." I think I would be OK laugh1

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2019, 05:18:11 pm »

I feel like you just got back from vacation laugh1 I've realized not too long ago that I'm not taking enough Another Tounge I get like 3 or 4 weeks and last year I only took 8.5 days and so far this year next Tuesday will be 5.

Na, my last vacation was in May when we went to London. Although I do get 30 days a year, and will need to take some more off here soon. Probably in November Wink

Yeah, my people are from VA. Landed there in the mid-1700s and settled in the valley because it reminded them of home.

That's what I figured about the Germans that settled the midwest. The land is different but the weather is pretty much the same as here.

Like "bible" speak? laugh1 verily & thou & whatnot
I'm not sure, I think it was more terms that evolved over time so that the modern word doesn't sound anything like it's roots.

I can't even remember what my "real" ship is. Just over 4 levels till I get out of A2, still missing 4 neurals though... 2 of which were suggested I get (and all 4 rare+). I do have 90'ish days remaining (which just means I can't do anything that doesn't require points) so, assuming i do hit the required level (40) before then I might just chill and hope i get them in an hourly search. (BUT... if I spend $ now, i could have a easier time finishing sooner sofa )

With the new changes I find that I'm actually hunting other players more, especially those that haven't been online to bank their mining income. This is helping me with both the xp and the money. Up until then I didn't see the point of farming other players unless I was close to getting a new level, and mostly just did belt runs to earn money.

A bit less hair and a bit more belly laugh1

Don't we all laugh1

I think I'm going to start apartment shopping this weekend. My lease is coming up for renewal and they want a 90 day move out notice. I have 30 days till that 90 days if I want everything to line up. I've found a couple places that are similar proximity to work, and like $400 cheaper... I've been trying to think of the "what about my apt is worth $400 a month" (granted these places are smaller, but now that my cat has drastically slowed down (he's 16yrs old) I think that's fine). The only thing I think I would miss is having in-apt laundry, but when I think about "for less than $400 i could have someone DO my laundry..." I think I would be OK laugh1

So no plans to buy a house and automate it now that automating houses are all the rage Wink. Honestly I've had a washer and dryer so long (even when we rented apartments) I don't even know how much it would cost to do laundry outside the house. Laundromats are not so common here in Germany to be honest. Normally people have their own washer and they dry their clothes on racks.

Well I've done something crazy. Wednesday evening on my way home I noticed that Mojang (the makers of Minecraft) are looking for Java developers, and I submitted an application. At first I wasn't going to as I had pretty much talked myself out of it. Then I mentioned it to my wife and told her that my biggest worry if I were lucky enough to land the job would be uprooting the family. She basically told me "If we have to move to Sweden then we'll move to Sweden." So I put in my application and CV, and figured, well if they actually call me and I can have a telephone interview I'll be happy. So now it's just a waiting game to see what happens.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2019, 07:16:11 pm »

Na, my last vacation was in May when we went to London. Although I do get 30 days a year, and will need to take some more off here soon. Probably in November Wink
Ah, we get roughly the (if not the) same amount of time off. I was thinking you got like 6 months or something laugh1

With the new changes I find that I'm actually hunting other players more, especially those that haven't been online to bank their mining income. This is helping me with both the xp and the money. Up until then I didn't see the point of farming other players unless I was close to getting a new level, and mostly just did belt runs to earn money.
Yeah, my "filter" was always "offline & cargo > 1" so I bet I would have a lot more targets these days... I'm 25% through lvl 36... (still need those 4 neurals though, i regret not getting all the interfaces from A1, so don't want to leave A2 w/o them).

Don't we all laugh1
fortunately I've still got a great head of hair!

So no plans to buy a house and automate it now that automating houses are all the rage Wink.
psh, I had an automated house that was controllable via the web in 2004. These days it takes no wiring or complicated controllers, so automating an apt is doable.  (kinda burns my biscuits that I have boxes of parts (and a server to control them) that are worthless now with how easy it all is.)

Honestly I've had a washer and dryer so long (even when we rented apartments) I don't even know how much it would cost to do laundry outside the house. Laundromats are not so common here in Germany to be honest. Normally people have their own washer and they dry their clothes on racks.
When I was in VA, we went to the laundromat one morning (Tuesdays I think) every week. I'd catch up on my nintendo handheld. With apartments there is typically an on site laundry room, so it's easier to just put it in the machine and go back to apt, rather than hanging out waiting. The drying rack would be better for the clothes, but it's so humid here it would still be wet days later unless in direct sunlight Another Tounge

Well I've done something crazy. Wednesday evening on my way home I noticed that Mojang (the makers of Minecraft) are looking for Java developers, and I submitted an application. At first I wasn't going to as I had pretty much talked myself out of it. Then I mentioned it to my wife and told her that my biggest worry if I were lucky enough to land the job would be uprooting the family. She basically told me "If we have to move to Sweden then we'll move to Sweden." So I put in my application and CV, and figured, well if they actually call me and I can have a telephone interview I'll be happy. So now it's just a waiting game to see what happens.
:o good luck! (Although I hear Sweden has become a terrible place to live, could be fear mongering though... ducking US politics has everyone scared of everything...)

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2019, 05:17:16 pm »

Well I had a surprise on Monday! I got a call from Sweden. They liked my CV. I'm currently doing a coding test (building a small breakout game) and then I have a technical interview on Monday the 14th. Grin

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2019, 04:33:12 pm »

Well I had a surprise on Monday! I got a call from Sweden. They liked my CV. I'm currently doing a coding test (building a small breakout game) and then I have a technical interview on Monday the 14th. Grin
I might be late, but good luck! thumb_yello

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2019, 04:35:00 pm »

I might be late, but good luck! thumb_yello

Not too late. The coding test was kind of fun and I completed it in time. Had my interview today and it went well. Should hear back sometime next week.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2019, 03:56:10 pm »

Not too late. The coding test was kind of fun and I completed it in time. Had my interview today and it went well. Should hear back sometime next week.
Awesome! Good luck!

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2019, 11:05:39 am »

Well I made it through the interview, but my lack of game development experience dropped me off the list (to be expected). Although I was invited to apply again in the future Grin

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2019, 01:46:03 pm »

Well I made it through the interview, but my lack of game development experience dropped me off the list (to be expected). Although I was invited to apply again in the future Grin
Time to get cracking on a video game thumb_yello did you get the email I forwarded you?

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print

Jump to: