August 16, 2018, 05:53:26 pm
News: If someone gives you assistance give them a Good Star
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 14172 times)
Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2018, 12:16:58 pm »

And it sounds great! Very "growly." We're recording two songs tomorrow, semi-pro (as in a guy we know from another band has some gear and is going to come to our practice space).

So is it home made or commercial? I'm guessing it's for your bass?

I need to NOT chew gum during performances... (and lose 20-30 lbs... although I think dudes phone's lens is distorting things a bit): 
https://www.instagram.com/p/BljFRf3n9I8/?taken-by=reaganerarejects

Yeah, the gum chewing looked a bit odd. It might be the camera, you looked a bit more swollen from what I've seen in previous pictures.

So here in Germany we're having a heatwave, and it's not nice. We're not used to temperatures in the 90's with high humidity. It's hot enough I told my wife that we're not cooking in the house this weekend.

I'm starting to learn Node.js. The language is fairly simple since it is JavaScript, but learning to use it in a non-browser environment is new.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2018, 02:49:30 pm »

So is it home made or commercial? I'm guessing it's for your bass?
The speaker cabinet? Commercial and for my bass:
https://imgur.com/a/6vWpuEk

I can't remember if I mentioned I got a custom truss rod cover made for my bass (she's black & curvy so named her Morticia). The bass is from the 70s and was missing the truss rod cover when I got it. I thought about getitng an original one, but they are about $175... I like my $40 one much better:
https://imgur.com/a/IMMXT7U

It might be the camera, you looked a bit more swollen from what I've seen in previous pictures.
heh, I have put on a few pounds that I just can't seem to shake but the guitarist looks fatter in the vid than in real life so I'm going with that laugh1

So here in Germany we're having a heatwave, and it's not nice. We're not used to temperatures in the 90's with high humidity.
I think it's everywhere... I tend to stay away from politics but it certainly seems like things are getting hotter...

It's hot enough I told my wife that we're not cooking in the house this weekend.
Yep, when I was a kid we were never allowed to use the stove/oven in the warmer months. Microwaves are awesome.

I'm starting to learn Node.js. The language is fairly simple since it is JavaScript, but learning to use it in a non-browser environment is new.
I looked into it when I was still in Virginia but it was pretty new and I didn't have a place to play with it. I believe it's a pretty employable skill, at least I was hearing about it a lot for a while.

I'm still knee deep in security stuff... people build entire careers around this... I just want to program. Currently stuck writing a "risk assessment" document...

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: