June 22, 2018, 09:14:20 am
News: GalahTech Community Based Technical Support!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 12064 times)
Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2018, 05:58:43 pm »

Welcome back! Did you receive my PM?
Thanks! Just saw the PM and answered it. Not sure if my answer will actually answer your questions sofa

A strange thing to say laugh1 What did you fear and how was it not as bad?

Oh I was worried that I wouldn't be able to communicate. There were difficulties at time, but for the most part I could make myself understood.

My wife and I are currently going through the photos and deleting the worst ones. Then plan which ones to print out.

Pretty quiet on this end. Have a promoter pushing to have the band on a gig July 20th... even when I tell her we've only had one practice with the singer, and that was just for him to hear the songs... I guess we'll decide after this weekend's practice sofa

That sounds like it could be cool, but I don't know how long it takes for a band to get their act together so to speak Wink

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2018, 02:39:50 pm »

Oh I was worried that I wouldn't be able to communicate. There were difficulties at time, but for the most part I could make myself understood.
Ah, that makes sense!

My wife and I are currently going through the photos and deleting the worst ones. Then plan which ones to print out.
Deleting & printing are foreign concepts laugh1 just throw them all in a properly labeled folder (and make sure it gets backed up)

That sounds like it could be cool, but I don't know how long it takes for a band to get their act together so to speak Wink
Well, this band is starting from scratch with all original tunes (somehow the guitarist was able to crank out 7 right off the bat, nothing complex, it's punk rock/thrash). Since the guitarist wrote them, he's good to go. I'm just about there (I can tell you it's not like "riding a bike" though, really having to practice to get my speed/rhythm back (I would have thought my fret board hand would be the hard part)), sometimes I try to change before it's time though (like 4 measures instead of 6). I think the drummer is still working out his parts, and the singer had/has to write lyrics. We've made a few phone recordings so the singer can write to them, but we haven't practiced with the singer sofa I think tomorrow we'll get together and hear what he has done as well as get recordings of what he still needs to write to.
Other than that, it's really just practice, practice, practice till the songs are committed to memory. Things have changed so much since I was last in a band with recording and distributing. I can record on my phone and later post a link in the band group text and we all have it to "practice" with. Some of my old bands had songs that are completely lost to time because there was no way (for poor, punk, teenage, kids) to record them.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2018, 04:32:00 pm »

Deleting & printing are foreign concepts laugh1 just throw them all in a properly labeled folder (and make sure it gets backed up)

I actually wrote a java program that goes through a folder structure and reads all the image file names into memory, and then it processes each file and checks for the date embedded in the jpeg and creates a date based file structure starting with year, then month, then day. So all the images are in the folder for the date they were taken. Duplicate file names are handled so that both files are kept.

Well, this band is starting from scratch with all original tunes (somehow the guitarist was able to crank out 7 right off the bat, nothing complex, it's punk rock/thrash). Since the guitarist wrote them, he's good to go. I'm just about there (I can tell you it's not like "riding a bike" though, really having to practice to get my speed/rhythm back (I would have thought my fret board hand would be the hard part)), sometimes I try to change before it's time though (like 4 measures instead of 6). I think the drummer is still working out his parts, and the singer had/has to write lyrics. We've made a few phone recordings so the singer can write to them, but we haven't practiced with the singer sofa I think tomorrow we'll get together and hear what he has done as well as get recordings of what he still needs to write to.
Other than that, it's really just practice, practice, practice till the songs are committed to memory. Things have changed so much since I was last in a band with recording and distributing. I can record on my phone and later post a link in the band group text and we all have it to "practice" with. Some of my old bands had songs that are completely lost to time because there was no way (for poor, punk, teenage, kids) to record them.

Aren't you glad you are still young enough to get in on then newst recording technology?

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2018, 06:59:20 pm »

I actually wrote a java program that goes through a folder structure and reads all the image file names into memory, and then it processes each file and checks for the date embedded in the jpeg and creates a date based file structure starting with year, then month, then day. So all the images are in the folder for the date they were taken. Duplicate file names are handled so that both files are kept.
heh, well that sounds pretty convenient.

Aren't you glad you are still young enough to get in on then newst recording technology?
Still figuring out how to utilize it all laugh1 While I'm glad to have it now, I makes the fact that so much has been lost to time sting a bit more. Hardly any pictures even exist from back then, there are a few VHS tapes but no one knows where they are.

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: