June 19, 2018, 02:25:48 am
News: If your question is answered please put [RESOLVED] in the subject of the initial message.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 11856 times)
msimmons
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2018, 09:18:35 pm »

I got sick again! The flu has been a pretty bad epidemic here, with three different ones floating around... This time it wasn't too bad, I started feeling "run down" last Tues after lunch, wasn't sure if sick or just tired. Then that evening it hit me pretty hard. The next day I felt bad, but not terrible, so I just played video games all day. I'm never really sure when I should stay home vs risk getting coworkers sick, just I worked from home the next two days. All better now, and most of the weekend (although I stayed in), with the exception of a nasty cough that I think it almost done.

I've started a regimen of vitamins... One of my coworkers has made it through the season unscathed so I asked what he takes, and plan to mirror it laugh1

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2018, 04:20:49 pm »

Ouch!

My youngest came down with a fever today. Hopefully he'll keep his germs to himself. I don't want them.

One of the things to make sure you stay healthy is eating well enough so your body has the energy to fight, and also getting enough rest Wink

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2018, 04:37:18 pm »

My youngest came down with a fever today. Hopefully he'll keep his germs to himself. I don't want them.
I hope he is able to kick it soon! Be sure to keep an eye on those numbers and use fever reducers as needed.

One of the things to make sure you stay healthy is eating well enough so your body has the energy to fight, and also getting enough rest Wink
heh, eating shouldn't be a problem... been doing too much of that the past few months... My scale was looking so good before October, now I'm 20lbs over that... :cry: Getting enough rest too, I think. On day 3 of the vitamins. Currently fish oil & a "one a day" type multi-vitamin. Adding some sort of vinegar (just a shot a day) and lemon oil (just a couple drops a day) as soon as they arrive in the mail (today according to the emails) sofa

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2018, 08:33:57 pm »

I hope he is able to kick it soon! Be sure to keep an eye on those numbers and use fever reducers as needed.
Yeah his fever was pretty high today according to my wife, and she gave him medicine. He was feeling much cooler when we sent him to bed tonight. So hopefully it'll be over for him soon. The big worry is if anyone else catches it.

heh, eating shouldn't be a problem... been doing too much of that the past few months... My scale was looking so good before October, now I'm 20lbs over that... :cry: Getting enough rest too, I think. On day 3 of the vitamins. Currently fish oil & a "one a day" type multi-vitamin. Adding some sort of vinegar (just a shot a day) and lemon oil (just a couple drops a day) as soon as they arrive in the mail (today according to the emails) sofa

I'm doing pretty well actually. I'm at my lightest since I left the Army (I'm under 189). I hope to keep the trend up.

Well I've received a very unexpected invitation to some thing called "HackerX". Apparently they are promising me 15 face-to-face discussions with tech companies in the area, and free food.

I'm not really looking for work, but it is free food :yum:

-- signature --

Bonker Gudd
Monster Poster

Stars: +0/-0

« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2018, 01:19:16 am »

Free food tastes better when you're pregnant.

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2018, 02:00:47 pm »

Hiya Bonk hiya

Free food tastes better when you're pregnant.

I wouldn't know, I would have to ask my wife Wink

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2018, 07:16:01 pm »

Yeah his fever was pretty high today according to my wife, and she gave him medicine. He was feeling much cooler when we sent him to bed tonight. So hopefully it'll be over for him soon. The big worry is if anyone else catches it.
I hope all is well by now! Gal I've been spending time with caught what I had back on Feb 13th, and she is still sick! I think she must have gotten something else on top of, or right after, it (and possibly gave that to me, although I'm not full on sick, I don't feel 100% well).

I'm doing pretty well actually. I'm at my lightest since I left the Army (I'm under 189). I hope to keep the trend up.
I'm creeping up on that... I want to be 160, was 163 back in Sept... Not real sure what my problem is (I know what THE problem is, which is being lazy, but not sure why I can't motivate myself to get back on track) Another Tounge

Well I've received a very unexpected invitation to some thing called "HackerX". Apparently they are promising me 15 face-to-face discussions with tech companies in the area, and free food.

I'm not really looking for work, but it is free food :yum:
heh, when is that happening?

Not much new here. Still taking vitamins and drinking vinegar :yuck:

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2018, 08:09:36 pm »

I hope all is well by now! Gal I've been spending time with caught what I had back on Feb 13th, and she is still sick! I think she must have gotten something else on top of, or right after, it (and possibly gave that to me, although I'm not full on sick, I don't feel 100% well).
Yep he got better, then my wife caught it and was down for a week. I felt so sorry for her. She's doing better now though.

I'm creeping up on that... I want to be 160, was 163 back in Sept... Not real sure what my problem is (I know what THE problem is, which is being lazy, but not sure why I can't motivate myself to get back on track) Another Tounge
I was 160 back when I was 23 after I left Army training. I doubt I will ever be that thin again.

heh, when is that happening?
It'll happen on the evening of the 22nd. I have no idea what to expect really, and I'm not really looking for a job. Probably just going to try to connect with some other devs and see if any are interested in coming to Landshut Wink

Not much new here. Still taking vitamins and drinking vinegar :yuck:

What is the vinegar supposed to do again? I only use vinegar when I'm adding it as a salad dressing. The rest of the time that stuff needs to stay as far away from my nose as possible.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2018, 10:48:33 pm »

Yep he got better, then my wife caught it and was down for a week. I felt so sorry for her. She's doing better now though.
That's the worst part about the flu, just gets passed around... We're pretty paranoid here in the office so rule of thumb is to stay away if you think you're contagious.

I was 160 back when I was 23 after I left Army training. I doubt I will ever be that thin again.
If I can just get people to stop supplying me with sweets! Easter is just around the corner too...

What is the vinegar supposed to do again? I only use vinegar when I'm adding it as a salad dressing. The rest of the time that stuff needs to stay as far away from my nose as possible.
heh, honestly I have no idea what any of it is supposed to do. He's not the only one I've heard of drinking it though. According to the bottle, half a shot glass (x number of table spoons, I forget (3?) I measured into a shot glass for easier dosing) three times a day. I only do it 1 or 2, half a shot of [braggs] vinegar, 1 drop of lemon oil, the rest water in a glass.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2018, 05:33:34 pm »

So everything has been going well enough, until today when I realize that an update query for some reason is updating two date fields instead of just one, and I don't know why. The query doesn't mention the other field at all. Maybe it's because the field is built as a timestamp? I don't know, but all my data is now wacked and I have to try to fix the bug.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2018, 05:38:54 pm »

So everything has been going well enough, until today when I realize that an update query for some reason is updating two date fields instead of just one, and I don't know why. The query doesn't mention the other field at all. Maybe it's because the field is built as a timestamp? I don't know, but all my data is now wacked and I have to try to fix the bug.
Is there a "Trigger" on the table? I've got a bug in production causing (seemingly just one) clients to charge people credit cards twice... I  can't seem to work out what this guy is doing to break things...

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2018, 06:29:22 pm »

Figured it out, apparently it was partially a configuration problem and partially because MySQL is a dick.

What the problem was is that specifically said that these date fields were supposed to use the MySQL TIMESTAMP data type. What I didn't tell it was that it should use a specific default value for these not null fields. So when I ran the CREATE queries for the tables, MySQL assumed that the first TIMESTAMP field should be a real timestamp and every update on that record would reset that field's value.

Now the problem is that I had no idea that this is something the MySQL does. Accordingly I figured the field would only update when I specifically updated it in a query. So basically we decided to drop the data and let it rebuild after I fixed the problem by altering all the fields using TIMESTAMP to have a default value and that they shouldn't be updated with the record.

BTW new Certificate service, free of cost and apparently provides wild SSL (meaning you get it for stinkbugonline and all subdomains of stinkbugonline are covered). https://letsencrypt.org/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 06:31:15 pm by Jason Reed » Logged

-- signature --

Bonker Gudd
Monster Poster

Stars: +0/-0

« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2018, 01:24:46 am »

Smack me Beating a Dead Horse

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2018, 10:14:21 am »

Beat that dead horse Bonkers.

So hope all is well with everyone. I have a new phone. The boss felt it was important that I have an actual extension so he got me a new mobile too.

Fought off a sore throat and cold yesterda. Still not 100% but better than yesterda.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2018, 03:08:00 pm »

Figured it out, apparently it was partially a configuration problem and partially because MySQL is a dick.

What the problem was is that specifically said that these date fields were supposed to use the MySQL TIMESTAMP data type. What I didn't tell it was that it should use a specific default value for these not null fields. So when I ran the CREATE queries for the tables, MySQL assumed that the first TIMESTAMP field should be a real timestamp and every update on that record would reset that field's value.

Now the problem is that I had no idea that this is something the MySQL does. Accordingly I figured the field would only update when I specifically updated it in a query. So basically we decided to drop the data and let it rebuild after I fixed the problem by altering all the fields using TIMESTAMP to have a default value and that they shouldn't be updated with the record.
Weird! I can see a rare occasion where that would be useful, but the more common occurrence that it's not. Glad you found it.

BTW new Certificate service, free of cost and apparently provides wild SSL (meaning you get it for stinkbugonline and all subdomains of stinkbugonline are covered). https://letsencrypt.org/
It looks like the host makes this as difficult as possible. I have it on my to do list, just haven't looked too far into it yet. Would be nice to get my email on an ssl Another Tounge

So hope all is well with everyone.
Have been well here, keeping busy. In the process of adding another freelance project to my plate... I think it'll be an easy one (famous last words) where users enter numbers and the system spits out reports. I've a couple band prospects too :rock:

I have a new phone. The boss felt it was important that I have an actual extension so he got me a new mobile too.
What phone did you get?

Fought off a sore throat and cold yesterda. Still not 100% but better than yesterda.
I see it's still going around over there too... so many friends & co-workers sick... I've been taking my vitamins & drinking my vinegar yes

Really starting to get confused on our systems here at work... This week I'm trying to get our dev, q&a, and live systems in synch... since it's a mix of html/css/js > asp classic/asp.net > mssql sprocs... it's a total nightmare. There really has to be a better way than my mostly manual (using a "file compare" app) process doh Between keeping our systems running, bug fixes, and them adding more "urgent" feature requests... starting to get overwhelmed sofa

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print

Jump to: