November 19, 2018, 12:27:22 am
News: IF YOU ARE A MEMBER FROM THE ORIGINAL SITE AND CAN'T LOGIN. POST IN THE FEEDBACK FORUM (AS GUEST) AND AN ADMIN WILL ASSIST YOU TO ACCESS THE SITE!
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216]   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued  (Read 264738 times)
simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #3225 on: March 28, 2017, 03:41:01 pm »

Holy poop the site is back Grin. Glad Simmo's host finally got things sorted.
Yeah, I'm in a bit of shock... I've literally had none of my tickets answered (with actual fixes) for the past few months (maybe more)... when I ended the ticket regarding GT with "It appears to be working now" I included a "Can you please look at my other ticket, I haven't heard anything in two weeks." and this morning I woke up to it being resolved thumb_yello (That one sucked cos I was trying to show off... "Sure I can build you a site" and it WOULD have been done in literally 10 minutes (is just a "coming soon" with logo, address, and whatnot) but I couldn't create a hosting account doh so it took two weeks... 

Things are going pretty well here. Tomorrow I have the presentation and training with our Italian partner. That's looking pretty good too. I'm feeling pretty secure at work.
That is awesome! thumb_yello

Since our car is currently not drivable (must go through inspection first)
You let it lapse?

My wife actually got Amazon to call back and told them the story and they checked their items and said "yes he was supposed to take the machine, as you originally requested. We'll have someone come next week to pick it up, and we'll call you on when that will happen on Monday" (this all happened on Friday afternoon). So Monday my wife received a call from Amazon saying that the machine will be picked up on Thursday.

To be honest I was really surprised at Amazon's support in this case. Glad to see it worked out so well.
Surprised that it is so good? I've had nothing but exceptional service from not only Amazon themselves but also the third party sellers.

In a few hours I get my jawbone looked at finally... been a pretty rough two weeks... I'm kind of worried there won't be anything she can do though... best case scenario is it's just a shard and she can yank it out but it feels (from my prying at it... sofa ) that it is a large piece of my jawbone that is firmly attached... I think there are a lot of nerves that run through there like a conduit, so I've been trying my best to wait for someone who may know what they are doing more than I Another Tounge Totally worried she's going to say there is nothing she can do and I need an oral surgeon...

Other than that it's been work & shows as normal, did work on turtles a bit (helping with maintenance, a couple filters were clogged) for the first time since... like October. It was this time last year that we started, still hard to believe it's up and running. There are still more projects he wants to do.

EDIT: I received an error when posting this... but it did post...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:45:21 pm by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3226 on: March 28, 2017, 07:36:55 pm »

Yeah, I'm in a bit of shock... I've literally had none of my tickets answered (with actual fixes) for the past few months (maybe more)... when I ended the ticket regarding GT with "It appears to be working now" I included a "Can you please look at my other ticket, I haven't heard anything in two weeks." and this morning I woke up to it being resolved thumb_yello (That one sucked cos I was trying to show off... "Sure I can build you a site" and it WOULD have been done in literally 10 minutes (is just a "coming soon" with logo, address, and whatnot) but I couldn't create a hosting account doh so it took two weeks...  

Looked to me from the email you forwarded me that they have outsourced their support. Which as long as it works that's fine.

You let it lapse?
Money was tight at that point, and with my job front still not secure it was better to just leave the car in the garage and wait until I could afford the work. I know that the brakes need work and it also needs an oil change, and here in Germany an oil change runs about 70 euros. I'll take a bit of a hit when I take it for inspection for letting it run over, but not that's not too high.

Surprised that it is so good? I've had nothing but exceptional service from not only Amazon themselves but also the third party sellers.

To be honest I was surprised that we could get a call back. Normally these big companies always want to provide support at arms length so that you can never talk to a real person. The fact that my wife was able to talk to a real person about the problem, and that the person called back was actually nice.

In a few hours I get my jawbone looked at finally... been a pretty rough two weeks... I'm kind of worried there won't be anything she can do though... best case scenario is it's just a shard and she can yank it out but it feels (from my prying at it... sofa ) that it is a large piece of my jawbone that is firmly attached... I think there are a lot of nerves that run through there like a conduit, so I've been trying my best to wait for someone who may know what they are doing more than I Another Tounge Totally worried she's going to say there is nothing she can do and I need an oral surgeon...

That's something else I've been putting off unsure I really don't want to go to the dentist but eventually I'll have to.

Other than that it's been work & shows as normal, did work on turtles a bit (helping with maintenance, a couple filters were clogged) for the first time since... like October. It was this time last year that we started, still hard to believe it's up and running. There are still more projects he wants to do.

You're a regular handy man.

EDIT: I received an error when posting this... but it did post...

So did I for my last reply. Made a couple of tests in the admin board and there was no problem, so if I get an error on this one then we'll just have to look into starting another Post Race Wink

EDIT: Yep it may be time to retire this thread and start a new one.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:39:12 pm by Jason Reed » Logged

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3227 on: March 30, 2017, 06:15:29 pm »

Looked to me from the email you forwarded me that they have outsourced their support. Which as long as it works that's fine.
Yeah, they had one or two guys for ever (I've been using this host since 2001 or 2) and I knew them by name. It typically took 1 email to get something sorted. Now it takes a dozen emails and it's still not resolved... I spoke too soon when I said they fixed my account creation email... They created a hosting plan, which is not a problem Another Tounge it's signing up for a plan that's a problem... Worst part is, I told chick who's site I should have had up in 10 minutes (weeks ago) that it was fixed and I would have her site up that evening and I had to take it back Another Tounge

Money was tight at that point, and with my job front still not secure it was better to just leave the car in the garage and wait until I could afford the work. I know that the brakes need work and it also needs an oil change, and here in Germany an oil change runs about 70 euros. I'll take a bit of a hit when I take it for inspection for letting it run over, but not that's not too high.
Ah yeah, totally understandable. "My" (technically it was the 1st wife's (and even more technically it was her father's)) old Firebird was always one inspection away from being "totaled" and if I recall, that's eventually why we got rid of it, the cost to pass inspection was greater than the value of keeping it. I'm shocked that my old Bronco (RIP) passed as much as it did, and I've been fortunate with my 2001 Cherokee, only needed tires & a gas cap since I've had it **knock on wood**

To be honest I was surprised that we could get a call back. Normally these big companies always want to provide support at arms length so that you can never talk to a real person. The fact that my wife was able to talk to a real person about the problem, and that the person called back was actually nice.
heh, wanting to call rather than electronic means is strange to me. Granted, I did call a company with a question last week so I'm not absolutely against it. With Amazon, I've always just opened up a chat window with them.

That's something else I've been putting off unsure I really don't want to go to the dentist but eventually I'll have to.
Well as far as my teeth go, as of yesterday, I am completely done! yay The last tooth that was supposed to be a crown? I saw a diff guy, since the gal I had been going to is done with those, and he didn't think it needed a crown. After having two faculty members agree, we just went with a filling (saving me about $500 Another Tounge )
Regarding my jawbone... she took me to the head of oral surgery and he just went in with a tool and snapped it off laugh1 At first I was pretty happy with it but yesterday I noticed a tiny little poky bit... so first thing after work I dealt with it myself thumb_yello all was great till just before bedtime I noticed there is still more under the gum...
My issue is that I'm not sure if it's "free" or attached to my jaw. It's 95% under the gum so not affecting my tongue which was the problem before. I just need to make myself leave it alone Another Tounge

You're a regular handy man.

Jack of all trades, master of none is oftentimes better than master of one.

So did I for my last reply. Made a couple of tests in the admin board and there was no problem, so if I get an error on this one then we'll just have to look into starting another Post Race Wink

EDIT: Yep it may be time to retire this thread and start a new one.
Your test thread seemed a little slow too, but it never hurts to start a new one.

White unneutered male age 53 seeks a loving forever home.
I'm sure you mean 35 unsure

..... .....

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3228 on: March 30, 2017, 08:02:50 pm »

Double post, new post race thread here:

http://galahtech.stinkbugonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=13605.0

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: