September 19, 2018, 12:50:16 am
News: GalahTech Community Based Technical Support!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 15995 times)
Bonker Gudd
Monster Poster

Stars: +0/-0

« on: March 28, 2017, 11:26:17 pm »

White unneutered male age 53 seeks a loving forever home.

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 05:47:00 pm »

You're that old Bonk?

-- signature --

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 06:00:19 pm »

Testing to see if this works better now. Wink

No errors. This is our new POST RACE!!

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:02:17 pm »

I'll just put this here:

White unneutered male age 53 seeks a loving forever home.
I'm sure you mean 35 unsure

(Also, we probably need a link at the end of the old thread. I'll edit my post since I have it open.)

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 05:35:56 pm »

Hey there everyone!

Hope all is well for everyone. We're doing pretty good here. Busy but good.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 08:29:20 pm »

Doing well here, have removed more of my jawbone (myself) and have a bit still sticking out... going to the dentist tomorrow for a cleaning so hopefully she can just shave off the tiny bit that is sticking out because I've convinced myself that if I try to do it I'll break the part of my jaw that is holding that back tooth in (and since it's not actively stabbing me in the tongue I can live with it (for now)).

Saw some great bands this weekend, was a "fest" type deal where Saturday had like 10 bands and Sunday had 6 or so. The only problem was that it started at 5pm on Sat and by the time the last band got on stage I was far too drunk Another Tounge I told my Uber driver on the way there that it would happen despite my attempt to pace myself laugh1 as a result I slept most of Sunday :zzz: , woke up at 4pm, made it for the first band at 5:30 (and went home at 9 because I don't care for the last two bands) (and stayed completely sober).

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 04:30:42 am »

Last Saturday we took the kids to an art museum. There was a special tour for kids on fairy tales as the collection at the museum had a lot of paintings based on old stories. It was interesting to watch my middle boy as he was coming up with some really great stories about what was happening in the pictures. He was really into it. The other two enjoyed the time but weren't as deep into the subject as their brother.

We also had a pick-nick at the English Garden, which is the large park in the middle of Munich. I want to say it is bigger than Central Park in New York but I'm not sure to be honest. It is pretty huge. The weather was awesome! Running through part of the park is a water way that is branched off of the Isar river. The Isar is a mountain fed stream, and the water way in the park is known as the "Ice Creek" because the water is really cold. It also moves pretty fast. A couple of university students apparently decided to jump in and we heard them for a while as they were yelling about how cold it was and that it was hurting their balls. My eldest looked at me and said "There's signs everywhere saying no swimming what were they doing?" my answer was  "They are university students, they do stupid poop all the time."

Sunday we went to Regensburg to a "Pulse of Europe" demonstration. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are helping organize it. The "Pulse of Europe" is a demonstration against the populist parties that are popping up all over Europe at the moment. They've been given a big boost by the election of Trump as president. The idea is to show your support to keep the European Union together. I even got my picture in the local news. http://www.mittelbayerische.de/region/regensburg-stadt/mit-dem-herzen-am-puls-von-europa-21178-art1507100.html (I'm the guy toward the upper right with a bright red shirt).

This weekend is Easter weekend so I get a 4 day weekend which will be nice. I have to take the car for inspection and service on Saturday. Not looking forward to see how much that's going to cost.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 11:15:50 pm »

Last Saturday we took the kids to an art museum. There was a special tour for kids on fairy tales as the collection at the museum had a lot of paintings based on old stories. It was interesting to watch my middle boy as he was coming up with some really great stories about what was happening in the pictures. He was really into it. The other two enjoyed the time but weren't as deep into the subject as their brother.
Sounds fun! We have a lot of museums nearby but It's been over a decade since I've last visited.

My eldest looked at me and said "There's signs everywhere saying no swimming what were they doing?" my answer was  "They are university students, they do stupid poop all the time."
laugh1 I've never appreciated the irony in this.

This weekend is Easter weekend so I get a 4 day weekend which will be nice.
Only a three day here, but there is a show I really want to see on Thursday so having Friday off is enough to keep me happy.

I have to take the car for inspection and service on Saturday. Not looking forward to see how much that's going to cost.
Good luck!

Went to the dentist today (thought it would be my last visit), they didn't want to touch the jawbone but scheduled an oral surgeon for next tues... They are convinced that it is because I am clenching at night as I've broken a few of my new fillings already apparently. So I have another session or two repairing those and being fitted for a night guard...

I think their probing loosened it up though cos the last (i hope) bit just came out!!!

my ordeal in pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/Rhoky
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:19:25 pm by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 04:53:20 am »

Went to the dentist today (thought it would be my last visit), they didn't want to touch the jawbone but scheduled an oral surgeon for next tues... They are convinced that it is because I am clenching at night as I've broken a few of my new fillings already apparently. So I have another session or two repairing those and being fitted for a night guard...

I think their probing loosened it up though cos the last (i hope) bit just came out!!!

my ordeal in pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/Rhoky

Ok that was gross. Hopefully they get you sorted soon. I haven't been to a dentist in a while and I really should eventually unsure not looking forward to it either. I know I've got a lot of work that needs done. The good thing is that I'm not in pain Wink

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 07:05:41 pm »

Ok that was gross.
heh, that's why I put it at a link rather than directly here, just in case someone is squeamish. When I pulled that second piece out back in 2002 (or 3, I forget now, was shortly before galahtech's birth actually) I had a friend staying with me. He came into my room, where my bathroom was, and saw me with pliers and blood and whatnot and got sick puke

I haven't been to a dentist in a while and I really should eventually unsure not looking forward to it either. I know I've got a lot of work that needs done. The good thing is that I'm not in pain Wink
Previous to last October, I hadn't been since 1999. I wasn't in any pain either, but knew I had a to do list even then... Since October I've had 18 teeth worked on sofa

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 04:06:24 am »

Well the 5k run went well enough yesterday. I completed the course in 33:22 which is not bad seeing I had only been training for two months. I came in 296 of 350 men running, and I was 51 of 60 of men in my age group 40-49, there was a group for men over 50 too. No idea how it was for them or how many there were.

To be honest I figured I would take 40 to 45 minutes, so I'm pretty happy with 33:22.

Today is the last day of our Sprint, so I need to wrap up a few things and close out my stories. Tomorrow should be the planning for the next sprint. I kind of like this sprint system, it works well for me.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 06:08:10 pm »

Well the 5k run went well enough yesterday. I completed the course in 33:22 which is not bad seeing I had only been training for two months. I came in 296 of 350 men running, and I was 51 of 60 of men in my age group 40-49, there was a group for men over 50 too. No idea how it was for them or how many there were.

To be honest I figured I would take 40 to 45 minutes, so I'm pretty happy with 33:22.
Awesome, good job! thumb_yello

Today is the last day of our Sprint, so I need to wrap up a few things and close out my stories. Tomorrow should be the planning for the next sprint. I kind of like this sprint system, it works well for me.
I'm guessing this has nothing to do with running unsure laugh1 I should probably look into these because 1, maybe it will help the clusterduck we have going on here and/or 2, when I was looking for a job back in 2009 one of the recruiters was pretty shocked I didn't know "agile development" (or something like that).

Well, while you have been out being healthy, I have been being "unhealthy" Another Tounge

Thursday before last I had a show to go to (when I added it to my calendar I didn't realize that the following day was a holiday). It was at this little dive bar that is cash only (I hate using cash, prefer running a tab on a card). I noticed they had these "jugs" of beer where you pay $10 for the first round and $8 to refill it. Sounds like a good idea but who knows what kind of garbage beer was in there... After three (2.5, I gave a way half of the last jug) of these I had to leave... http://imgur.com/a/Eur07 I think I caught two of the touring band's songs but I couldn't tell you anything about them Another Tounge Made it home before I got sick at least...

Well the next morning, I didn't have anything planned but was "excited" for a day off thinking I would be productive (freelance, clean apartment, etc)... Nope... I think I rolled out of bed around 10 am, showered, had breakfast, then laid on the couch and slept till 6 pm sofa Had a show to see that night, last ever performance by one of my friend's bands so I "couldn't" miss it. I made it there but it was lackluster Another Tounge

Being that Sunday was Easter and I was planning to be up early to hang out with family I kept things low key that Saturday (went out to see one band, was home "early"). (I did get a lot of freelance, as well as my defensive driving (took an online course) done.) So overall my "holiday weekend" sucked and I attribute it all to those damn jugs of beer (which is totally my fault).

---

Last Wednesday, even though I made it a point to stop consuming caffeine at a decent hour, I had a pretty bad case of insomnia... Finally fell asleep around 3 am (to make things worse, there was a show I passed on since it was a work night... totally should have gone...) and around 4:30 Fido woke me up... I think what I hate about insomnia the most is that the time is totally wasted (like, I could have gone to a show, I could have been productive, but I was totally tired/groggy, just could not fall asleep) and not only the time that I should have been sleeping, but the next day too...

I managed to make it through work and at lunch I found out about a show that I figured I would have a handful of friends in attendance (even though it was a work night, was ending "early" (midnight)) so I decided to go. I attempted to take a nap, and might have gotten 15 mins, but was super tired (to the point of feeling weird) at the show. There was hardly anyone there, and the only people I knew were in the bands, so I just hung out in the back trying to stay conscious yawn

Friday, during the workday, was pretty rough as a result of not sleeping much the previous 48 hours laugh1 but I made it. Being that it was my mom's 81st birthday I took off a little early and headed down that way. On the way to pick her up I dropped off the paperwork to take care of my speeding ticket (I'm surprised at myself for waiting till the last possible minute... wanted to hand it in personally rather than mail due to that). That night was a show I've been looking forward to for a while (Black Pussy, the "70s rock" band I've posted in this thread (or the previous iteration of it rather) before). I thought I would see a lot of people I knew there but it turned out to be only two and I didn't even talk to them much, I was there to see the band anyway (the openers weren't that great though). Last time I saw them (at the same venue) it was pretty crowded (and my memory tells me it was a week night) but it was fairly empty that night...

Saturday was pretty eventful. In the morning I picked up a piece of furniture destined for the deli and headed down to Texas City to see the car show that my friends & ex-bandmates put on each year. Hung out with quite a few friends down there for a few hours then proceeded on to Galveston to drop off that piece of furniture and hung out there for a bit as well. Stopped of dinner with chick on the way back up, dropped my Jeep off at my apartment and Ubered to that nights show. Houston audiences (for lack of a better term) are so weird... I don't know that anything else was going on, and this show was just three pretty unknown bands from surrounding areas, but it was literally the bands, their girlfriends, me, & two other people... One of the bands is an old friend of mine from wayway back and I had never heard of the other two, they were all great though.

I didn't do much Sunday, was extremely groggy (understandably as I had been running a serious sleep deficiency since Wednesday) but I managed to stay awake all day (was worried I wouldn't sleep last night if I napped, but was also worried I wouldn't sleep regardless and therefore should nap Another Tounge ). I wasn't as productive as I would have liked as a result, but did get quite a bit done. Was in bed at a decent hour and slept soundly all night spoton

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 03:51:57 pm »

Man you do keep yourself busy with going to shows laugh1

Last Saturday we were at the March for Science in Munich, and I ended up being interviewed by what turned out to be Nature. I was surprised, as I thought the lady was just some blogger laugh1

http://www.nature.com/news/what-happened-at-march-for-science-events-around-the-world-1.21853#/Munich

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 02:51:22 pm »

Last Saturday we were at the March for Science in Munich, and I ended up being interviewed by what turned out to be Nature. I was surprised, as I thought the lady was just some blogger laugh1

http://www.nature.com/news/what-happened-at-march-for-science-events-around-the-world-1.21853#/Munich
That's awesome!

Man you do keep yourself busy with going to shows laugh1
heh yeah, sometimes I feel like I don't have any hobbies or do interesting things... but I guess going to shows would fill those slots. I've been told I should start a blog or something but I feel that would take away from my enjoyment, making me feel like I have to pay attention to certain details while ignoring others or something.

I have two shows to hit tonight, I think the timings will work out. Not sure about tomorrow, I have tickets (pretty rare that I buy tickets) to a fairly expensive show (PJ Harvey) so going to that for sure, but that one band who's members are kids of my ex-bandmates is having their cd release show and I feel I should attend that... one of the kids is going to let me know what their time slot is (they are headlining) so maybe the one will be over in time.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 06:14:45 pm »

You know you could just write your stories about what happens during the shows you go to Another Tounge

-- signature --

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
Print

Jump to: