November 15, 2019, 10:44:29 pm
News: If your question is answered please put [RESOLVED] in the subject of the initial message.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Monetizing a "blog," how do I go about this?  (Read 6861 times)
simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 05:06:59 pm »

The hosted service sounds easier, but while I do plan on using adwords, I don;t think I want to restrict my options

..... .....

simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 05:54:30 pm »

Wow, I hate when I have to eat my words, but pass the salt because Wordpress is pretty damn awesome...

I still have a few kinks to work out, but from my google reader, I can create a post and have it flow through to twitter with just a few clicks!

Here is my work in progress: http://RabDarGab.com

I'm still trying to decide how much or how little to actually post on my site. At first I just had a tag line and a link, but that seemed a little barren.
When it is a webcomic that I am viewing from the artist's site, I will definitely make it where a person viewing my page has to visit the artists site. Most everything else, I am viewing from someone who is already reposting in a sense, so I'm trying to get a feel for how they handle giving credit. Of course I'll always have a source link, but I think I'll see about doing something more, kind of like ending a book report in elementary school with "If you want to know more, read the book!"

..... .....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: