December 14, 2019, 09:50:18 pm
News: If someone gives you crap then give them a Bad Star
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Windows Vista Aero  (Read 6915 times)
simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 05:10:13 pm »

Try Checking/refreshing your Vista score: Control Panel\Performance Information and Tools

Did you recently install anything (like quicktime :yuck: or anything that runs on Java)?

[edit]
another thing to try:

The system might of fallen back to the generic VGA driver for your display.
Type 'device manager' into Start Search, hit enter, elevate when prompted
and check under Display adapters.

If it is showing as a 'Generic VGA device' instead of something like Intel
945GM or similar then trying right-clicking on it going properties and try
Update Driver (just try automatic) failing that try 'Roll back driver'.
[/edit]

..... .....

Sue
Old Timer

Stars: +2/-0

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 05:16:33 pm »

Print Screen of the Performance while I am running two scans:

Sailing across the sea from Lothlorien....

Sue
Old Timer

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 05:26:36 pm »

I did the Device Manager thing and checked on the drivers before I started this thread.  Everything is fine. 

I ran out of options after checking everything me and someone else had tried to find a solution for and decided to come here for advice. smile

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 07:05:26 pm »

Not sure if these are ones you already tried but:

1. Running the Windows Experience Tool may rectify the problem. This is done by going to Control Panel > Classic View > Performance Information and Tools and click ’Update my score’.

2. Right-click the Desktop > Personalize > Windows Color and Appearance > open Classic Appearance. Is Aero highlighted? If not, click it and Apply > OK, etc.

3. Right-click Computer > Properties and under Tasks select Advanced System Settings (Continue if UAC is enabled) > Advanced Tab then Settings alongside Performance. Visual Effects Tab contains a list of Options, are they all ticked?

..... .....

wrack
Master of TMEOotAP

Don't look back. Look in the mirror to look back.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 03:37:23 am »

Also try Windows Update and see if any out of whack drivers has any updates, if so update them.

If all else fail then uninstall the graphics card (not physically, go to device manager, find the device, right click, uninstall) & restart. Windows should reinstall it automatically. Then update the performance score again.

Sue
Old Timer

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 03:48:54 am »

Windows is up to date.  I did all that before coming here for advice.  I went to the drivers updated for the graphics before I came here too and all say its all running normally and up to date.. Sad  I didn't uninstall it and restart though because when I did that in the past I had nightmares for days trying to get it to work properly again. Sad

Sue
Old Timer

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 03:56:59 am »

Not sure if these are ones you already tried but:

1. Running the Windows Experience Tool may rectify the problem. This is done by going to Control Panel > Classic View > Performance Information and Tools and click ’Update my score’.

2. Right-click the Desktop > Personalize > Windows Color and Appearance > open Classic Appearance. Is Aero highlighted? If not, click it and Apply > OK, etc.

3. Right-click Computer > Properties and under Tasks select Advanced System Settings (Continue if UAC is enabled) > Advanced Tab then Settings alongside Performance. Visual Effects Tab contains a list of Options, are they all ticked?

Yes I have done all three points and all says its working normally and all ticked yes.

#2 I did what you said before and then when we were last conversing.  Nothing happened.  I restarted my computer and Aero worked for a bit but when I left my computer for a few hours, I returned and all went back to windows vista basic again. :o(

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: