February 28, 2021, 01:04:41 am
News: If someone gives you assistance give them a Good Star
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued  (Read 515327 times)
simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #3195 on: January 03, 2017, 04:30:29 pm »

Sounds like you've been really busy.
Always. I think I need to start focusing more on some of my own projects though. Really want to get this freelance gig off my books Another Tounge I think I'm closing in on it (the last 20% of a project always seems to take as much time as the first 80%...).

Sorry to hear that your dad passed. Hopefully your mom is taking it ok.
Yeah I hope so too. At best I was neutral with the guy (I literally have zero positive memories of him and when I try to find any I just recall more negative that I've shut out Another Tounge ) so it's confusing to me that he would be missed. She seems to be fine though. I should probably spend more time with her but it's difficult with the distance and my lack of time as it is.

I know when I was a soldier I had a dentist that cut herself while working on my teeth as well, and we had to have a discussion. Thankfully in the Army we had to take regular STD tests, and I could assure her that I was up-to-date and clean. I mean technically she could have just checked my medical records.
This was my first ever test sofa I've always just banked on the fact that I've (almost always) been in long term monogamous relationships and even then I've (almost always) been safe for fear of pregnancy Another Tounge Pretty nice to have an official clean bill of health.

Double post to say

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Happy new year yay

I've slept most of the first 48 hours of 2017... Started feeling kind of flu'ish (never really did get full on sick, according to the post race (see, this is why i journal Another Tounge ) I stayed home dec 15th and had been mostly better since...) when I woke up dec 31st with a sore throat. I stayed in denial and went to the party my friend throws every year (which is kind of a snooze, but oh well). I made it home before 2 am and woke up feeling terrible at 1pm the next day Another Tounge ... I knew I had not drank enough the night before to still feel that bad so had to admit to myself I was definitely sick... Slept till chick came over for supper late that evening (she's also sick, not as bad as I was, we're both blaming the other as to who got whom sick). I woke up feeling mostly better yesterday but still slept off & on till like 5pm. All that sleeping kind of messed me up last night as I had a hard time going to sleep and woke up at 4:30 am (I reaaaaally think something happens at 4:30 (neighbors alarm maybe? Fido thinks it's a good time to wake up?) because when I have issues sleeping I always seem to wake up at that time).

Other than that I really don't recall anything exciting last week, went to a pretty fun show Thurs, took off at noon for my dad's burial Friday and had a show/date that night (so didn't drink at all). Definitely have a case of the Mondays (yes, I know it's Tuesday) today though Another Tounge

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3196 on: January 14, 2017, 03:58:52 pm »

Ok, I'm ready for spring finally. This cold and snow is getting pretty old pretty fast.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3197 on: January 14, 2017, 05:08:29 pm »

Ok, I'm ready for spring finally. This cold and snow is getting pretty old pretty fast.
I'll trade you... we're back up to 80's already... (There are kids in the pool outside my apt FFS...)

(Nothing new on my end, things have been rather boring actually. (did do some crazy "stay up 32hrs so I can go to sleep at 6P and wake up at 2A" thing last weekend because I had to rent a van and pick up my sis and people at the airport at 5a, so I guess that was out of the ordinary.) There is a "memorial" service for my dad Monday that I'm not looking forward to because my "brother," who I wrote off years ago, will be there and while I'm going to try to be civil... sometimes I have no filter.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:13:36 pm by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3198 on: January 21, 2017, 07:45:59 am »

Went on my first business trip this past week. We have a new customer close to where I was stationed when I met my wife. They are making big changes to their SAP system and how their forms are printed and such and we met there for a meeting. The boss decided on Monday that I should travel with so as to be introduced to the customer and to learn a bit more about the process. It was a long day. On Tuesday I picked up the rental car, and then on Wednesday morning I picked up the other guys and drove the three hours to the meeting. We had a meeting until noon then we had lunch in our customer's cafeteria, then back to a bigger meeting at 1pm. That lasted until 5:30pm. Then we drove home, and I got home at about 9:30pm. I was exhausted but happy, not only did I get to bond a bit with my co-workers on the drive there and back, I figure it's a good sign when the boss sends me on business trips.

Thursday was another long day. My previous employer was having problems and had asked if I would come in for a little on-site assistance, which after getting approval from my boss I agreed to. They have offered to pay me a sum per hour for the visit which if they actually pay I'll be surprised. In any case I spent about 5 hours getting them back on track. Usage and configuration problems mostly. From the sounds of things though it was a good decision of mine to move on.

So other than freezing my bejeebus off here in Southern Germany things are going pretty well. 

-- signature --

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3199 on: January 22, 2017, 03:36:01 pm »

So double post!

Tomorrow is my birthday. My wife basically bought a couple of surprise package with geek stuff in it apparently to give me as gifts. She said she wasn't sure what to do with half the stuff in the box. I'm not sure if I should be excited or worried Another Tounge. I guess I'll see what's there tomorrow morning Grin

Today I baked lemon cake, and cinnamon twists, and some cheese and bacon cheese twists, to take to work. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day Wink

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3200 on: January 23, 2017, 09:05:52 pm »

Tomorrow is my birthday.
Happy Birthday!!! yay

My wife basically bought a couple of surprise package with geek stuff in it apparently to give me as gifts. She said she wasn't sure what to do with half the stuff in the box. I'm not sure if I should be excited or worried Another Tounge. I guess I'll see what's there tomorrow morning Grin
So the packages were a surprise to her as well? laugh1

Today I baked lemon cake, and cinnamon twists, and some cheese and bacon cheese twists, to take to work. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day Wink
Sounds like a good day based on the menu alone :yum:

We had a meeting until noon then we had lunch in our customer's cafeteria
I can't say I've ever worked at a place with a cafeteria, nor had a client with such :o Sounds fancy.

Then we drove home, and I got home at about 9:30pm. I was exhausted but happy, not only did I get to bond a bit with my co-workers on the drive there and back, I figure it's a good sign when the boss sends me on business trips.
Definitely a good sign! He wouldn't bother putting you in front of a client if he didn't plan to keep you I don't think. Are the co-workers you went with also techs or were they from different departments such as sales?

Thursday was another long day. My previous employer was having problems and had asked if I would come in for a little on-site assistance, which after getting approval from my boss I agreed to. They have offered to pay me a sum per hour for the visit which if they actually pay I'll be surprised. In any case I spent about 5 hours getting them back on track. Usage and configuration problems mostly. From the sounds of things though it was a good decision of mine to move on.
heh, that reminds me of when I quit this company (the one I work for now I mean) back in 2005. Things blew up and I came in a few times. Sucks that you doubt they will/can pay though.

So other than freezing my bejeebus off here in Southern Germany things are going pretty well. 
heh we got back down in the upper 50s/lower 60s for a couple days, has been nice but will be warm again soon.

Things have been interesting again my past week/weekend. A welcome contrast to the one before... That weekend everyone I knew was busy and there were NO shows I was interested in... I wound up seeing some crappy bands just to stave off the cabin fever Another Tounge

Monday was my dad's memorial, we waited so long because one of my sisters was out of the country (we buried him w/o her). After I dropped off my sisters cat (that i was watching while she was out of the country) (they were half expecting me to give them fido Another Tounge i joked about it so they weren't sure if I was serious laugh1) I went to the church...
My mom & bro were in teh first room, i gave my mom a hug, shook my bro's hand (i forget what i said, i didn't want to lead with "hows it going?" cos that would insinuate that i care, but may have been what i said) and he hugged me... i just returned the stiff one arm pat type hug...

i had a poop day at work so i was emailing an old acquaintance to see if he had any leads on a new job (im not quitting but was mad enough to test the waters. The reason was kind of petty but I felt disrespected / unappreciated, and I'm too arrogant to tolerate either sofa ) when my bro comes to show me a pic of my dad in his plane (which he should know (since i told him that one time we hung out) is a sore spot for me, being that he had a dad and i did not), i glance up from my phone, say yup, and go back to my email. About 10 mins later he sits next to me, and asks "are you still upset with me?" (no, "im sorry" or anything, just makes it about him) to which i replied "it doesnt matter." he took this as a good thing and shook my hand. I  cant recall what i said to enlighten him to the fact that it doesnt matter because HE doesnt matter, but it didnt take long for him to get it and said something like "oh come one on michael, we can still be brothers" and i said "yup, just like we were brothers before." (ie, no contact).

There was very little contact between us till i was leaving. I hugged my mom, then stuck my hand out to him saying "im out" he shook it and said "it was good to see you" to which i replied "have a good one" and left Another Tounge i think i kept the high road while letting him know where he stands (or rather doesnt) with me Grin

Friday night's show was a blast as it was like 5 or 6 local bands, a good turn out, and nearly everyone there knew each other. Was like a big party. One of the guys came up to me after the show and said "you sure got your money's worth" I assume referring to the fact that I was front & center (of the audience) for each band laugh1 (I kinda didn't feel I got my moneys worth when I closed my bar tab... managed to rack up $50 all by myself buddies ). Saturday night there was nothing going on so I wound up meeting with an old band mate and we hung out at a speakeasy type place till 5am yawn

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3201 on: January 24, 2017, 05:20:08 am »

Happy Birthday!!! yay

Thanks it was a nice one.

So the packages were a surprise to her as well? laugh1
Yeah, basically. She was a little surprised at some of the stuff. My eldest recognized some things, and was able to tell her what they were for, and she was able to tell him what to do with some things he didn't recognize. All in all it was a decent haul.

I got a game called Booleo which is based on Boolean Algerbra. It looks fun and I'm looking forward to playing that. I also got a board game called "C-Jump" which is a computer programming board game. Curious but still looks like something I can use to teach the boys.

I also got a Flying Spaghetti Monster plush toy. My children have decided that FSM and our Cthulhu plush toy are best of friends. Nicest bit of tech I got was a Bluetooth receiver that I can plug into our stereo and play music from my phone over the stereo. That's really nice.

Sounds like a good day based on the menu alone :yum:
Yep the crew loved it, when I went around at the end of the day to say I was packing up to go home, they all stampeded back into the kitchen for more, so I didn't bring much home, and my boys ate the rest.

I can't say I've ever worked at a place with a cafeteria, nor had a client with such :o Sounds fancy.
For larger companies here in Germany it is quite normal. This isn't like a special dining area for executives, this place is usually for the workers at the bottom level of a company, although executives usually eat there as well. It allows people to get back to work faster after lunch than if they have to go somewhere off site.

Definitely a good sign! He wouldn't bother putting you in front of a client if he didn't plan to keep you I don't think. Are the co-workers you went with also techs or were they from different departments such as sales?
One is my SAP mentor so a dev like me, the other is a project manager.

heh, that reminds me of when I quit this company (the one I work for now I mean) back in 2005. Things blew up and I came in a few times. Sucks that you doubt they will/can pay though.
We'll see what happens. I'll be printing my invoice today and sending it to them.

heh we got back down in the upper 50s/lower 60s for a couple days, has been nice but will be warm again soon.
Must be nice. We're supposed to "warm up" mid of next week.

Things have been interesting again my past week/weekend. A welcome contrast to the one before... That weekend everyone I knew was busy and there were NO shows I was interested in... I wound up seeing some crappy bands just to stave off the cabin fever Another Tounge

Monday was my dad's memorial, we waited so long because one of my sisters was out of the country (we buried him w/o her). After I dropped off my sisters cat (that i was watching while she was out of the country) (they were half expecting me to give them fido Another Tounge i joked about it so they weren't sure if I was serious laugh1) I went to the church...
My mom & bro were in teh first room, i gave my mom a hug, shook my bro's hand (i forget what i said, i didn't want to lead with "hows it going?" cos that would insinuate that i care, but may have been what i said) and he hugged me... i just returned the stiff one arm pat type hug...

i had a poop day at work so i was emailing an old acquaintance to see if he had any leads on a new job (im not quitting but was mad enough to test the waters. The reason was kind of petty but I felt disrespected / unappreciated, and I'm too arrogant to tolerate either sofa ) when my bro comes to show me a pic of my dad in his plane (which he should know (since i told him that one time we hung out) is a sore spot for me, being that he had a dad and i did not), i glance up from my phone, say yup, and go back to my email. About 10 mins later he sits next to me, and asks "are you still upset with me?" (no, "im sorry" or anything, just makes it about him) to which i replied "it doesnt matter." he took this as a good thing and shook my hand. I  cant recall what i said to enlighten him to the fact that it doesnt matter because HE doesnt matter, but it didnt take long for him to get it and said something like "oh come one on michael, we can still be brothers" and i said "yup, just like we were brothers before." (ie, no contact).

There was very little contact between us till i was leaving. I hugged my mom, then stuck my hand out to him saying "im out" he shook it and said "it was good to see you" to which i replied "have a good one" and left Another Tounge i think i kept the high road while letting him know where he stands (or rather doesnt) with me Grin

Friday night's show was a blast as it was like 5 or 6 local bands, a good turn out, and nearly everyone there knew each other. Was like a big party. One of the guys came up to me after the show and said "you sure got your money's worth" I assume referring to the fact that I was front & center (of the audience) for each band laugh1 (I kinda didn't feel I got my moneys worth when I closed my bar tab... managed to rack up $50 all by myself buddies ). Saturday night there was nothing going on so I wound up meeting with an old band mate and we hung out at a speakeasy type place till 5am yawn

I don't have sibling so never had to deal with that whole sibling drama. I know sometimes my wife has some drama to deal with her siblings, mostly her older brother. I tune it out usually because it just makes me want to slap him in the back of the head.

Now a speak easy, that's something I could do. I like to go to a bar where I can have a conversation. Music is nice but nothing like just talking.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3202 on: January 25, 2017, 05:28:48 pm »

Yeah, basically. She was a little surprised at some of the stuff. My eldest recognized some things, and was able to tell her what they were for, and she was able to tell him what to do with some things he didn't recognize. All in all it was a decent haul.
I'm curious as to who knew (or rather didn't) what.

I got a game called Booleo which is based on Boolean Algerbra. It looks fun and I'm looking forward to playing that. I also got a board game called "C-Jump" which is a computer programming board game. Curious but still looks like something I can use to teach the boys.
Sounds awesome, I kind of long for the days of sitting around playing games with friends but it's been a looooong time since I've been in a group where we do that (thinking back, it was before we were of legal drinking age so that was probably why laugh1 )

Nicest bit of tech I got was a Bluetooth receiver that I can plug into our stereo and play music from my phone over the stereo. That's really nice.
Awesome! I've been tempted to get one of those when I see them come on sale but with all my files in the MS cloud they are synced between my phone/desktop/laptop/htpc and the latter is connected to my stereo already. Still, I feel like I need to get more phone savvy.

Yep the crew loved it, when I went around at the end of the day to say I was packing up to go home, they all stampeded back into the kitchen for more, so I didn't bring much home, and my boys ate the rest.
Definite way to get in good with the co-workers thumb_yello

For larger companies here in Germany it is quite normal. This isn't like a special dining area for executives, this place is usually for the workers at the bottom level of a company, although executives usually eat there as well. It allows people to get back to work faster after lunch than if they have to go somewhere off site.
I totally forgot that at my second ever job (where I was an accountant, trying to get my foot in the door of the tech (preferably the programming but would have loved any) depts) we had some sort of cafeteria (not sure what the food service was like) for employees as well as an "executive dining room" for managers. My sister was a manager there at the time (still a manager with the company, but at a different site) so I accompanied her once, but I really can't remember much about it. Strange how memories come & go but I guess since I never (except for the one aforementioned time) ate there, I usually went home when I lived literally across the street or at my desk when I moved a dozen blocks away.

One is my SAP mentor so a dev like me, the other is a project manager.
Ah cool, so y'all have similar interests I'm sure. A lot of times when I was in IT management I had activities with co-workers but 99% of the time they were sales so we really didn't have anything in common.

We'll see what happens. I'll be printing my invoice today and sending it to them.
Good luck Grin

Must be nice. We're supposed to "warm up" mid of next week.
Not sure nice is the term I would use... was up to 80F yesterday sweat

I don't have sibling so never had to deal with that whole sibling drama. I know sometimes my wife has some drama to deal with her siblings, mostly her older brother. I tune it out usually because it just makes me want to slap him in the back of the head.
Typically the only drama I have is the other siblings not getting along with each other (which is where my issues with my "brother" started really) so I do my best to not hang out with both of my sisters at the same time Another Tounge For all intents and purposes I am an only child since they were all out of the house by the time I was a toddler.

Now a speak easy, that's something I could do. I like to go to a bar where I can have a conversation. Music is nice but nothing like just talking.
heh, nah, I meant speak easy as in the hidden places to drink during prohibition Another Tounge Basically it was a warehouse off the beaten path where once inside there were different rooms. When I got there, there was a band playing and I really want to figure out how to find out who is playing when (I assume it's 99.9% local stuff, just like at our squat house in the 90's) since it wasn't bad and could be an option on nights when I just go to a venue to see whatever is there. Once it got later, the punk rock kids (I'm sure they were all under 21) dissipated and the scene turned into more of a drug den than a punk club. While I don't partake, I'm no stranger to the "underworld" but I'm sure I stuck out like a sore thumb laugh1 A "new waver" in the midst of thugs, dealers, & pimps. Quiet it was not, after 2am there were DJs in two of the rooms. I even tried requesting a song but they wanted $5 :grr: so I told them never mind.

Back to the world of legit business... my company SERIOUSLY needs to work on some sort of project management... I really have no idea what I am doing in this project other than writing code and then thinking of what should be added next when I'm done... No to do list, but keep being pestered about "when will it be done?" to which I keep replying "I have no idea what is left to do..." Just yesterday as I was leaving the office I thought of a pretty catastrophic scenario that is going to take quite a few lines of code to prevent/overcome, but since we didn't plan anything, we could have gone live w/o thinking of it (and I can guarantee it would have been the first thing a client attempted laugh1 )
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:34:56 pm by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3203 on: February 10, 2017, 08:31:37 pm »

And we're back!!

At least I hope unsure

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3204 on: February 10, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »

It does appear that way, lets hope it sticks. I really should move my email off these servers, I don't really notice when I don't receive email, but it REALLY freaks me out when I wake up to 50+ notifications (makes me think a work server died or something.) (Of course one of my rock star friends tagging me in something on facebook can have that same effect...)

Y'all have been deprived of some crazy stories in the meantime laugh1

From two weeks ago today:

http://imgur.com/a/jqaKx

Some dude got a little drunk & belligerent at a punk house party... I was up in front where a band was playing, and these two guys started getting a little heated, one wanted to leave and the other wanted to stay and watch the band. The one who wanted to leave was pretty drunk and aggressive, since I had chatted with him a bit earlier int eh night and even gave him a couple of my beers, I  i tried to calm him a bit with "dude, its cool, shows almost over." and he swung at me XD
He got bum rushed out of the house instantly and I just turned back around to watch the band, totally would have been fine... but he missed and his thumb cut me... I didn't realize it at first but people were all "you ok?!?" and im just like "yeah, poop happens" but then I get angry "im too pretty to have my face scratched up" and told his buddy that i was going to slit his throat after the show XD
Show ends, I go outside and smash my bottle... but (fortunately) dude was no where to be found. But then I'm the bad guy for breaking glass and disrespecting the house...
I felt pretty bad about it the next day, I had ridden there with a couple members of the band and was worried that everyone was mad at me (and that it reflected poorly on them) Another Tounge But I went to a show the next night that had mostly the same crowd (dude wasn't there, his friend was (we chatted, neither of us brought it up)) and everyone was all "how's your face? sucks that you got kicked out." So all is well there (I haven't seen the house owner though and really don't plan on going back there).

Bottom line is that i really shouldnt have done that though... could have ended badly

Last Friday I got two teeth drilled to nubs, currently covered with one, two tooth, "temp" (till the two crowns get made) feels ducking WEIRD when I drink something cold (I think teh temp shrinks and pulls the nubs closer together) but luckily bartenders love me Wink i get to the venue that night and ask if they have any "not cold" lone stars, they did not so i asked for her to set a few to teh side to "warm up" (and explained why), she set 3 and asked if that was ok to which I said "yup, after 4 it wont matter anymore XD" ... however, even after those were gone, i noticed they kept setting more out to warm for me. My mouth is still uncomfortable but not so cold sensitive now, I can't wait to get the temp off and crowns on, probably one more week.

Monday night was the only night I've stayed home this week...

http://imgur.com/a/8y4ou

added the orange & yellow to the outside flames Tuesday. Next session we'll do the yellow on the inside ones, as well as add just a bit more water to the other side cos the flames go higher.

Wednesday was dinner-date, then I went to a friends show (but only had 2 beers), they were playing two blocks from my apt so I really felt I should go. Last night was a band I wanted to see but I only stayed for half of the set.

Tonight's show should be pretty awesome though, 4 punk bands (3 of which I really like) Grin

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3205 on: February 11, 2017, 07:56:25 am »

I took a back up of our database, just in case Wink it'd been a while since I took a db backup, so figured I should do that once the server came back up.

Dude, how do you get yourself into these things? Can't say much I used to get drunk, wild, and got into such things. I remember the time when I stormed out of a house party drunk off my ass figuring I would walk back to the barracks. That was about 40km away (24 miles) which would have been crazy to try sober, let alone drunk. I ended up two blocks away in someone's hedge. It wasn't a good night.

The tat is looking pretty awesome now that the color is being added.

Speaking of color, after years of watching Bob Ross on TV, YouTube, and Twitch; I've finally decided to start painting. I don't have all of my supplies yet, but they are on the way. I get some of them from my wife on Valentines day. Kind of looking forward to trying it out, I'm looking for a hobby where I can release some creative energy, and relax a bit. Hopefully this works out for me.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3206 on: February 13, 2017, 06:27:06 pm »

I took a back up of our database, just in case Wink it'd been a while since I took a db backup, so figured I should do that once the server came back up.
Good call. I like to assume that if the worst happened I would be able to get something from the server guys... but as I've said, their support has really gone downhill. I used to be on first name basis with the old guy (he wasn't the only one, but the main one) and had confidence he would sort out my request quickly and accurately but now I expect I have to send 2 or 3 updates before they even understand my request... (even though I explain in depth what they need to do in anticipation of this.) You get what you pay for though Another Tounge

Dude, how do you get yourself into these things?
heh well this instance was really more of a combination of wrong place at the wrong time (just happened that the argument between the two guys happened behind me) and being friendly with everyone (trying to defuse a situation that was none of my business). As I tell my friends, of all the times I deserved to be punched in the face, this wasn't one of them laugh1

Can't say much I used to get drunk, wild, and got into such things. I remember the time when I stormed out of a house party drunk off my ass figuring I would walk back to the barracks. That was about 40km away (24 miles) which would have been crazy to try sober, let alone drunk. I ended up two blocks away in someone's hedge. It wasn't a good night.
I typically don't get "bad decision" drunk often, worst case I have trouble recalling my uber ride home or who I had a particular conversation with, but that lapse of judgement was due to the alcohol amplifying my temper Another Tounge

The tat is looking pretty awesome now that the color is being added.
Thanks Grin I keep saying "only x more times that I have to be shaved!" and x keeps growing... should be only one more time on the fire side and two more on the water side...

Speaking of color, after years of watching Bob Ross on TV, YouTube, and Twitch; I've finally decided to start painting. I don't have all of my supplies yet, but they are on the way. I get some of them from my wife on Valentines day. Kind of looking forward to trying it out, I'm looking for a hobby where I can release some creative energy, and relax a bit. Hopefully this works out for me.
That sounds awesome! I have no artistic skill unless you count music which [as a bassist] I consider more technical than artistic.

Was a long eventful week but I managed to stay out of trouble Another Tounge

As mentioned I went out every night except Monday and Friday night was a punk show. Well I missed the first band (who I really wanted to see) but they are from Austin so chances of seeing them again is high. The second band was from Corpus Christi (about as far as Austin) and I've seen them a few times before but didn't care for them (and let them know)... they were actually pretty good. I asked them after the show "did y'all learn to play or write all new songs or what?!" I wanted to buy a patch but they only had an uncut sheet (was probably 9 patches) and since there was no way to cut it they were just going to give it to me. Another guy came up to buy a patch and I pulled out my sheet and said "hit me up later, I'll sell you one for cheap Another Tounge " and we realized that there was actually a single pinned to the sheet so I just took that one and gave them back the uncut ones (not sure what happened with them after that, maybe the 2nd guy got it). The two touring bands were great, and the "crowd" (less than 30 people) was awesome, lots of young punk rockers, was good to see the scene still alive somewhat.

Saturday I helped the gal I've been seeing & her roommate work on their future dwelling down in Galveston during the day and that night I went to a show. Wound up not getting home till after 3am... That venue is notorious for running out of cheap beer so I'm always telling the owner, "I'm coming tonight, be sure to have plenty of Lone Star." When I got there I saw him and asked if he was stocked up and he said "yes cry baby, you better drink it" so I guess I took that as a bit of a challenge laugh1 I wasn't hung over or anything the next day but was unusually tired... wound up sleeping almost all day... Didn't get out of bed till 1, and even then I just wound up sleeping on the couch till 5... I was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep last night as a result, but I actually slept very well.

This week should be nice & quiet. Plenty of choices for shows this weekend though.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3207 on: February 16, 2017, 05:02:07 am »

Well did a little attempt at a Bob Ross styled painting yesterday night. It came out ok, http://imgur.com/gallery/mmn7T but I still need to practice a bit more.

This is actually the second painting. The first one looked like :poop: even after my wife did a little bit to fix it up, but this one is all me.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3208 on: February 16, 2017, 10:08:21 pm »

I'm impressed! I couldn't do that (and I've actually tried...) I just can't grasp getting "lines on paper" to look like anything but lines.

I'm finally seeing light at the end of my dental work tunnel! Yesterday we did SIX fillings (they were small) laugh1 Three upper & three lower, but on all diff sides of my mouth. I didn't want to be numb all over so she only numbed one side and it was just fine. I still have a temporary on two of my teeth, should be getting the permanent crown for those in 1.5 weeks, and have one tooth left that needs a crown (start to finish).

Looking forward to tomorrow evening/night. I'm not sure if I'm going out alone or not but if I am it doesn't matter because both shows (yes, have to hit multiple venues) I'm going to are friend's bands and I anticipate seeing other people I know there.
Similar situation Saturday as well, if I'm going alone I'll go to the show that I know I'll see people I know, otherwise it won't matter. Another Tounge

..... .....

wrack
Master of TMEOotAP

Don't look back. Look in the mirror to look back.

« Reply #3209 on: February 20, 2017, 11:42:43 pm »

Hello boys bye1 How have you been?

I know it is bit late but Happy New Year taz Hope you all had an awesome, successful and insightful 2016 and wish you all that 2017 to be even better.

Belated Happy Birthday JR pizza beerchug

Did a lot around since I took leave from here.

Took Mum & Dad on around 3500KM trip. First to South Australia and then to Sydney for New Years Fireworks. Once in a lifetime experience for Mum & Dad seeing they are getting older and it will be hard for them get to the place very early and sit there whole day till midnight. It went well, better than I expected but they got tired too.

Did a whole heap of stuff around the house. Cleaned, repaired, sealed and repainted the back wall which was due for couple of years. Did the same thing with the balcony which had some water leaking underneath so that took a while. Learned how to scrub & prepare dry walls for applying mud before paint. Applying the mud. Sealing large gaps with expanding foam filler etc. Dad loved the whole gig because the time he spent doing something rather than sitting home doing nothing.

Finally dug the garden beds and removed all clay soil and put in a top quality garden mix. Removed around 5 Tonnes of clay by hand digging and filling in a UTE (Like a pickup truck there) then off to the tip to dump it. Filled the whole thing with 6 m3 of new soil ready for planting things. Plums, Peaches, Herbs, Sugarcane, Apple, Lemon etc. Should be a good year if all grows well Grin

Filled all pots with the new soil too so Snehal can plant a whole bunch of different flowers she likes. Little Prahi is helping us with putting the seed in the soil with over enthusiasm too.

Only thing left outside the house is the get rid of the pigeons from under the solar panels, install net around it, clean all gutters and put in gutter guards so they don't relocated inside gutters.

Prahi started going to 3 year kinder which is very different to her childcare due to less number of hours.

So it looks like 2017 will be even busier than 2016.

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216   Go Up
Print

Jump to: