February 22, 2020, 04:39:02 pm
News: IF YOU ARE A MEMBER FROM THE ORIGINAL SITE AND CAN'T LOGIN. POST IN THE FEEDBACK FORUM (AS GUEST) AND AN ADMIN WILL ASSIST YOU TO ACCESS THE SITE!
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 216   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued  (Read 408789 times)
wrack
Master of TMEOotAP

Stars: +3/-0

Don't look back. Look in the mirror to look back.

« Reply #1875 on: February 27, 2013, 04:59:10 am »

Not reading 50 Shades of .... never mind mf_Dr_Evil

Howdy all bye1

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #1876 on: February 27, 2013, 06:49:27 am »

Not reading 50 Shades of .... never mind mf_Dr_Evil

Howdy all bye1
no  banned2

That would be as bad as reading "Twilight!" all of it is just crap. I prefer my vampires not to "glitter" in sunlight, and I like my heroines to be more like Princess Leia (personality wise as well as physically  jamie )

-- signature --

wrack
Master of TMEOotAP

« Reply #1877 on: February 28, 2013, 02:19:18 am »

I prefer my vampires more like "Celine from underworld" bruce_h4h

Yeah Twilight is a curse we can't wipe out anymore and Hollywood managed to find even bad talent. In fact Hollywood's talent in finding bad talent keeps surprising me.

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #1878 on: March 01, 2013, 05:06:31 pm »

Howdy all bye1

After drinking hospital coffee from 3-8am, my home brew is tasting like water  laugh1 (My 99yro grandmother was dealing with a stomach bug since Monday, decided it was time to take a trip to the emergency room this "morning." They got her fluids back up via IV and she seems to be fine now, mostly.)

..... .....

wrack
Master of TMEOotAP

« Reply #1879 on: March 03, 2013, 10:47:00 pm »

Glad to hear she is fine. Coffee puke, not a big fan of it.

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #1880 on: March 04, 2013, 07:13:53 am »

Howdy all bye1

After drinking hospital coffee from 3-8am, my home brew is tasting like water  laugh1 (My 99yro grandmother was dealing with a stomach bug since Monday, decided it was time to take a trip to the emergency room this "morning." They got her fluids back up via IV and she seems to be fine now, mostly.)

My wife says that the most potent coffee in the world is brewed by Midwives on night shift Grin

Glad to hear she is fine. Coffee puke, not a big fan of it.

Tea for breakfast, coffee to help me code Proggin'

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #1881 on: March 04, 2013, 05:24:24 pm »

heh, yeah, at the time I didn't think it was overly strong, but when I got back home that morning and had a cup, wow it was weak  mf_Dr_Evil

I'm down to one pot a day, I try not to drink any more than that or it makes me tense up my jaw and then it's sore for a day or two laugh1

My grandmother is seeming to be doing well now. I can't really expect too much at 99, but that's hard for me to accept Another Tounge

I've cut most of the pieces for the desk I mentioned earlier. I still have 8 more cuts to make. I'm using a table saw that is probably older than I am, and I could get more accurate cuts if I used some saw horses and my hand held circular saw Another Tounge A radial arm saw is really what I would rather be using, but I don't have access to one at the moment. I am hoping I get home this evening before I run out of day light to make the cuts and possibly start the assembly. 

Tomorrow I'm off to my accountant to work on my taxes :scared: hopefully I owe less than 3k  jamie
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:28:01 pm by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

wrack
Master of TMEOotAP

« Reply #1882 on: March 04, 2013, 10:54:29 pm »

Tea I can do but Coffee is just not my cup of tea.

Simmo, does the hardware places from where you buy timber offer cutting services? Over here they offer $1/cut so I normally get the major cuts done on their professional sow and rest home.

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #1883 on: March 04, 2013, 10:57:54 pm »

That's actually a pretty good idea! I bet there is a place I can just give my list of dimensions and receive the cut pieces of wood, the thought never really occurred to me as I am used to doing it all myself Another Tounge

..... .....

wrack
Master of TMEOotAP

« Reply #1884 on: March 05, 2013, 02:45:26 am »

I am a handy man too but with a tendency of doing less work on hand beerchug

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #1885 on: March 06, 2013, 03:26:14 pm »

My biggest issue here is lack of space, I'm on acres of land, but have to move all kinds of 'junk' to get to tools like the table saw (and I put all the crap back where I found it when done cos I like to leave things as I found them if they are not mine).

If I wanted to use my saw horses and circular saw it's even worse, cos I'd have to drive 20min to my storage unit to get them  construction

That't the pain of 70yrs of accumulation and clutter  laugh1

(I probably won't get back to the desk project till next week)

We're finally getting some snow!! looks like close to 2 feet  happydance

..... .....

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #1886 on: March 12, 2013, 01:51:53 pm »

Double post!

Got a foot of snow (last weds) but is all gone now... and 55F outside :cry:

I finished all my cuts for the desk project yesterday, now I have to put everything together and have yet to decide where the best place for that is Another Tounge The biggest drawback is that I'll need to disassemble & move this desk to have room to assemble and put in the new one, which means I am w/out a computer till i finish (and my biggest concern is that for some reason my plan has a flaw that I am not seeing, and I'll have to put the old (current) desk back :scared: )

I also did my taxes... owe about 2x what I thought  crash I'm actually going to wait till I get paid to be able to pay them laugh1 and will be broke till payday comes again Another Tounge (And this is due to an invoice I was counting on being paid by now not being paid... hopefully that will come through before next years taxes  mf_Dr_Evil )
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:55:06 pm by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #1887 on: March 18, 2013, 06:58:42 pm »

Triple post!!!

The desk is complete, maybe. One fear I have at this point is it will be too heavy to raise with my monitors and whatnot on it (kinda heavy already) so I bought a scissor jack that I'll use to crank it up and down... however, that jack alone doesn't seem to raise high enough (even though the box says it should) so I might get two, and stack them Another Tounge They wont be for support or anything, just a helping hand to raise and lower.

(taken before i finished drilling the holes in the upper part of the legs)

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #1888 on: March 19, 2013, 08:46:05 am »

Ooo Pretty!

Sorry I've not been about recently. Just stupid busy right now. I've been fighting a build process configuration and bringing my services' architectures into line with the new concepts (naturally this would have been much easier had they allowed us to come up with a concept a couple of years ago...) and testing that it is working correctly before deployment. Amazing how much time I spend working on this Grin
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:54:40 am by Jason Reed » Logged

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #1889 on: March 19, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »

Thanks thumb_yello It's not as precise as I would have liked, or normally done things but I'll blame that on my lack of tools and work space Another Tounge I plan to install it tomorrow, which will require me to take apart my current [quad] monitor setup and when I reassemble that I'll make a configuration change that I came up with nearly a year ago (hopefully it works as planned).  happydance

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm concerned that my monitor & keyboard cables won't have enough "slack" to make the stretch up & down as well  bruce_h4h I should be able to add "extenders" there though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:45:21 pm by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 216   Go Up
Print

Jump to: