November 15, 2019, 10:47:59 pm
News: IF YOU ARE A MEMBER FROM THE ORIGINAL SITE AND CAN'T LOGIN. POST IN THE FEEDBACK FORUM (AS GUEST) AND AN ADMIN WILL ASSIST YOU TO ACCESS THE SITE!
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued  (Read 377974 times)
Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3210 on: February 21, 2017, 05:03:09 am »

Hi Wrack hiya

Glad to see you, thanks for stopping by.

Sounds like you had a very busy summer. We're glad that winter is finally wrapping up, we had some extreme cold weather this year day highs around -15 for a couple of weeks in a row, it sucked.

My new job is a dream, I'm having a blast and enjoying the work. I'm about half way through the probation time. We are looking forward to taking vacation at the end of May.

beerchug

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #3211 on: February 28, 2017, 09:02:41 pm »

Hello boys bye1 How have you been?

I know it is bit late but Happy New Year taz Hope you all had an awesome, successful and insightful 2016 and wish you all that 2017 to be even better.
Howdy stranger bye1 Thinking back, yes 2016 was pretty awesome, not sure if 2017 is off to a good start to be the same yet or not (not that things are bad by any means).

Did a lot around since I took leave from here.
Wow, no kidding, I got tired reading it all! sweat

Took Mum & Dad on around 3500KM trip. First to South Australia and then to Sydne for New Years Fireworks. Once in a lifetime experience for Mum & Dad seeing they are getting older and it will be hard for them get to the place very early and sit there whole day till midnight. It went well, better than I expected but they got tired too.
That sounds very nice, good on you for doing that!

Did a whole heap of stuff around the house. Cleaned, repaired, sealed and repainted the back wall which was due for couple of years. Did the same thing with the balcony which had some water leaking underneath so that took a while. Learned how to scrub & prepare dry walls for applying mud before paint. Applying the mud. Sealing large gaps with expanding foam filler etc. Dad loved the whole gig because the time he spent doing something rather than sitting home doing nothing.
heh, almost makes me miss home ownership. (Granted, I have done some work on a house in the past few months, but it's not mine (doesn't even belong to the person I was doing it for) so the feeling is different.)

Finally dug the garden beds and removed all clay soil and put in a top quality garden mix. Removed around 5 Tonnes of clay by hand digging and filling in a UTE (Like a pickup truck there) then off to the tip to dump it. Filled the whole thing with 6 m3 of new soil ready for planting things. Plums, Peaches, Herbs, Sugarcane, Apple, Lemon etc. Should be a good year if all grows well Grin
Damn dude, how much yard do you have!? That sounds exciting, I hope you have a bountiful harvest Grin

Filled all pots with the new soil too so Snehal can plant a whole bunch of different flowers she likes. Little Prahi is helping us with putting the seed in the soil with over enthusiasm too.
Cute! She is growing up fast!

Only thing left outside the house is the get rid of the pigeons from under the solar panels, install net around it, clean all gutters and put in gutter guards so they don't relocated inside gutters.
I forgot you have solar, how is that working out? Birds can be a handful, once they have it in their mind to nest somewhere it is extremely hard to change it. One year in Tennessee some birds managed to lay some eggs before I could shoo them away so I "had" to leave them till the fledglings were gone... they made a mess...

So it looks like 2017 will be even busier than 2016.
Not sure how that can be possible laugh1

Sounds like you had a very busy summer. We're glad that winter is finally wrapping up, we had some extreme cold weather this year day highs around -15 for a couple of weeks in a row, it sucked.
I wish it were fall :cry: was 85F at lunch time today...

My new job is a dream, I'm having a blast and enjoying the work. I'm about half way through the probation time. We are looking forward to taking vacation at the end of May.
That is great to hear! There is nothing better than having a job you love.

Speaking of jobs, I finally pushed the code I've been working on for months live (with plenty of known bugs, hoping I can fix them before they are found) so things are less stressful here. We still need to figure out some sort of workflow here but I doubt that will ever happen sofa We do have a ticket/queue system but not really a way to handle priority (we fudge the ticket dates to cause them to sort, but there are over 100 tickets currently so that's not so easy) or time estimate/expectations.

Got more dental work today. Cemented in two permanent crowns as well as "redid" part of a filling to correct a space that was allowing food to get trapped easy. I looked back on my notes and saw that the original filling was the day she stabbed herself with the drill (causing me to have to get a blood test) so she was probably too freaked out to finish the filling properly. She has an exam Monday and just happened to notice that I need yet another filling... At least they are half price when I am her exam subject. One more crown to go after that (assuming she doesn't find something else, I really hope that I can be an exam patient for that (due to the price Another Tounge (I know I'm her preferred choice of exam patient since I'm so easy, patient (no pun intended), and can tolerate a lot.

Other than that, just the typical going to shows here. Oh, so the show I went to this past Saturday was supposed to have my latest favorite local band but they had to drop out. I still went because I know people in the other two bands (and like the band that replaced them on the bill). Anyway, I arrive at the venue and hit the bar, the guitarist from the band that filled the slot comes up to me and says "That sucks y'all had to drop out." and after a confused second or two I said "oh, I'm not in [band name]." To which he replies "Whoops, I thought you were the singer." So that might explain the couple times I got band prices on drinks, both times were shows they played laugh1 Expecting this Friday's show to be wild. My favorite venue, friends and/or ex-bandmates in all the bands, as well as an ex-bandmate celebrating his birthday (that will be on the following Tues) :rock: Saturday should be pretty tame, not really my genre (ska), but I've been telling teh band I'm seeing that night that I would see them for months now (but something always comes up, we'll see if I actually make it this time).

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3212 on: March 02, 2017, 05:00:33 am »

Got more dental work today. Cemented in two permanent crowns as well as "redid" part of a filling to correct a space that was allowing food to get trapped easy. I looked back on my notes and saw that the original filling was the day she stabbed herself with the drill (causing me to have to get a blood test) so she was probably too freaked out to finish the filling properly. She has an exam Monday and just happened to notice that I need yet another filling... At least they are half price when I am her exam subject. One more crown to go after that (assuming she doesn't find something else, I really hope that I can be an exam patient for that (due to the price Another Tounge (I know I'm her preferred choice of exam patient since I'm so easy, patient (no pun intended), and can tolerate a lot.

Glad to hear that you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Other than that, just the typical going to shows here. Oh, so the show I went to this past Saturday was supposed to have my latest favorite local band but they had to drop out. I still went because I know people in the other two bands (and like the band that replaced them on the bill). Anyway, I arrive at the venue and hit the bar, the guitarist from the band that filled the slot comes up to me and says "That sucks y'all had to drop out." and after a confused second or two I said "oh, I'm not in [band name]." To which he replies "Whoops, I thought you were the singer." So that might explain the couple times I got band prices on drinks, both times were shows they played laugh1 Expecting this Friday's show to be wild. My favorite venue, friends and/or ex-bandmates in all the bands, as well as an ex-bandmate celebrating his birthday (that will be on the following Tues) :rock: Saturday should be pretty tame, not really my genre (ska), but I've been telling teh band I'm seeing that night that I would see them for months now (but something always comes up, we'll see if I actually make it this time).

:wow: you have a doppelgänger so who's the evil one Evil Wink

Things at work are going pretty good. I'm currently about halfway through my probation time, here soon I'll be asking the boss for some feedback on where I stand. I've been pretty active doing a lot of different things, so I'm feeling pretty confident.

My wife and I are trying to get things a little more organized between work and home life. She found something called Bullet Journaling which is an analog way of writing things down and keeping track of them. I like the analog aspect because if I get some sort of tracking software I get distracted by the shiny buttons and such, this just uses a standard A5 (paper size) notebook with dotted graph paper and a pen. There's even a site describing how the system works. Best of all you can easily modify it for your own needs. So were giving this a chance. I'll let you guys know if it works out, but I need to use it for a couple of months to really get the feel for it.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3213 on: March 02, 2017, 04:15:51 pm »

Glad to hear that you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Me too, my budget is starting to feel it sweat

:wow: you have a doppelgänger so who's the evil one Evil Wink
Heh, well, being that when I am mistaken for him I get cheep beer... Next time I see him I'll have to preemptively apologize for him getting punched in the face sofa

Things at work are going pretty good. I'm currently about halfway through my probation time, here soon I'll be asking the boss for some feedback on where I stand. I've been pretty active doing a lot of different things, so I'm feeling pretty confident.
Awesome! thumb_yello

My wife and I are trying to get things a little more organized between work and home life. She found something called Bullet Journaling which is an analog way of writing things down and keeping track of them. I like the analog aspect because if I get some sort of tracking software I get distracted by the shiny buttons and such, this just uses a standard A5 (paper size) notebook with dotted graph paper and a pen. There's even a site describing how the system works. Best of all you can easily modify it for your own needs. So were giving this a chance. I'll let you guys know if it works out, but I need to use it for a couple of months to really get the feel for it.
Sounds good. My issue with analog trackers is that I make ambitious lists and very rarely (very very) complete everything I put on my to do for a day. Somethings I throw on my list with a "maybe one day in the future" as well that would just get lost in an analog list.

I started using this site long ago: https://habitica.com/#/tasks

I don't really touch the "Habits" ever, and currently not using the "dailies" (although dailies come in handy when you have things that are predictable and trying to start a new routine, I just delete them after I've gotten into the routine) but my "To-dos" is lengthy.
I'll typically create a to do list item for everything but also create a list item for the day and add a check list that contains items that are on the list.

I said in my last post that Saturday should be tame... well now I have two shows I want to go to that night... The venues are actually 4 minutes walk apart so that is good, but the two bands I want to see might be on at the same time... Both are local so not the end of the world if I have to choose, but deciding is hard... one of the bands has two people I know and one of them isn't going to be playing so that might weigh into the decision, hopefully I won't have to decide Another Tounge
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:21:40 pm by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3214 on: March 07, 2017, 05:38:18 pm »

So a friend of ours is in Munich for a conference (he's an astronomer) and visited us on Sunday after he landed. So we had a Weißwurst breakfast. Weißwurst is a white sausage made from veal basically. Typically you eat them warmed, with soft pretzels and a beer. It was nice he brought me a Baby Ruth, which is a favorite of mine, and something I've not had in years. He also brought gifts for the kids.

Next week I'll get feedback from my boss about how things are going. I'm thinking things are going fine but this will basically let me know where I stand and what I can improve upon.

In about 6 weeks I'll be doing a 5km run with the company. We'll be meeting on Wednesdays to start getting everyone in shape. It's been some years but I think I'll be able to pull it off. So long as my knee holds.

We're currently in Lent (wife is catholic) so I'm not eating as much meat, and so hopefully I'll lose a little more weight.

Best news though is that my blood pressure is holding pretty good. Still taking meds, but I'm not seeing the big spikes I saw before. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with where I'm working.

-- signature --

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3215 on: March 08, 2017, 05:46:57 pm »

WOOOOO!!!!

We had our first training run today, and I feel great. We did about 3.5 to 4km (still need to look that up) and there were no problems. I'm pretty amazed what this old body of mine can pull off sometimes Grin

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3216 on: March 08, 2017, 09:35:05 pm »

It was nice he brought me a Baby Ruth, which is a favorite of mine, and something I've not had in years.
It's a weird thought to think of not being able to get a Baby Ruth. I haven't had one in years myself (I ate so much candy as a kid that I can take it or leave it now) but I could if I wanted Another Tounge

Next week I'll get feedback from my boss about how things are going. I'm thinking things are going fine but this will basically let me know where I stand and what I can improve upon.
Good luck! thumb_yello I've been revisiting the notion that I need to be paid more and should probably start the conversation with asking for feedback.

In about 6 weeks I'll be doing a 5km run with the company. We'll be meeting on Wednesdays to start getting everyone in shape. It's been some years but I think I'll be able to pull it off. So long as my knee holds.
Sounds like pure insanity to me... I can't recall the last time I ran anywhere... Good luck! thumb_yello

We're currently in Lent (wife is catholic) so I'm not eating as much meat, and so hopefully I'll lose a little more weight.
She's catholic but you're in Lent hmm I rarely eat meat but I still have to watch my caloric intake nono Have been a few pounds over what I was happy with the past week.. too many late night times hitting the restaurants when I should have just gone home.

Best news though is that my blood pressure is holding pretty good. Still taking meds, but I'm not seeing the big spikes I saw before. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with where I'm working.
Yeah, I bet. Glad to hear it is stabilizing.

WOOOOO!!!!

We had our first training run today, and I feel great. We did about 3.5 to 4km (still need to look that up) and there were no problems. I'm pretty amazed what this old body of mine can pull off sometimes Grin
heh good job! This old body of mine is sick again... wtf!!! This time it's just a standard cold and nearly half the office has it... I'm pretty convinced it's because I don't drink whiskey all the time like I used to Another Tounge

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3217 on: March 12, 2017, 05:58:36 pm »

It's a weird thought to think of not being able to get a Baby Ruth. I haven't had one in years myself (I ate so much candy as a kid that I can take it or leave it now) but I could if I wanted Another Tounge
I'm not a big candy eater either, but sometimes I miss something I had as a kid. Finding candy from home here is usually expensive.

Good luck! thumb_yello I've been revisiting the notion that I need to be paid more and should probably start the conversation with asking for feedback.
might not be a bad idea.

Sounds like pure insanity to me... I can't recall the last time I ran anywhere... Good luck! thumb_yello
You were never a soldier Wink

She's catholic but you're in Lent hmm I rarely eat meat but I still have to watch my caloric intake nono Have been a few pounds over what I was happy with the past week.. too many late night times hitting the restaurants when I should have just gone home.
Well she does kind of decide the meal plan for the week Wink. Besides it's probably the only thing I reduce. I'm just glad she doesn't say I have to stop drinking coffee for 40 days.

heh good job! This old body of mine is sick again... wtf!!! This time it's just a standard cold and nearly half the office has it... I'm pretty convinced it's because I don't drink whiskey all the time like I used to Another Tounge

I always assumed that I rarely got sick when I was a soldier was because of the amount of alcohol I drank. It's like a natural anti-septic Wink

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3218 on: March 13, 2017, 09:58:20 pm »

I'm not a big candy eater either, but sometimes I miss something I had as a kid. Finding candy from home here is usually expensive.
Completely understandable, as I was thinking about this I now have a terrible craving for a chick-o-stick...

might not be a bad idea.
I've been tracking my budgets and I definitely need to make more money, but everything I read says that "hey boss, I need a raise cos I'm broke" is a definite no no. Another Tounge I'm not sure if I want to play the "I'm well below the area average" (which I am) card or the "I have increased the company's revenue" (which to the best of my knowledge, has been steadily decreasing...) card, so I think a "Are there area's I can improve?" would be a best one...

Maybe something like:
"In the past [almost] two years we've built [list of projects] all while I've handled [list of non-dev duties (mostly server admin). How are those going? Is there things that could have been handled better?"

You were never a soldier Wink
True that!

Well she does kind of decide the meal plan for the week Wink. Besides it's probably the only thing I reduce.
heh good point!

I'm just glad she doesn't say I have to stop drinking coffee for 40 days.
lol yeah, that would just be mean.

I always assumed that I rarely got sick when I was a soldier was because of the amount of alcohol I drank. It's like a natural anti-septic Wink
Exactly! It kills any germs.

[/list][/list]

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3219 on: March 14, 2017, 08:16:51 pm »

bounce8 Feedback from the boss was very positive! I'm really happy Grin

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3220 on: March 16, 2017, 03:20:47 pm »

bounce8 Feedback from the boss was very positive! I'm really happy Grin
Great news! :clap: good job spoton

I'm still agonizing how I should approach approaching my boss about a raise Another Tounge Being a small company makes it a little strange at times, like, if I go to his office and close the door, everyone would know something is up. We do go to lunch about 2-3 times a month, so I was thinking on the car ride back from one of those trips, but I've also read that I probably shouldn't "put him on the spot" by just cold asking and it might be a better idea to send a "let me know when you have time to discuss my salary" email... and if I'm going to send said email, maybe that should include the "here's all the poop I do that I don't feel compensated for" list sofa

I think the worst part about the small company is that I feel more money in my pocket directly equates to less money in his, and oddly... that makes me hesitate (then again, he might agree to my first number w/o blinking and all my agonizing over this was for naught laugh1 )

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3221 on: March 16, 2017, 04:42:01 pm »

Great news! :clap: good job spoton
Thanks. Our discussion was pretty good, although he didn't have anything negative to say to me, he did give me his ideas of where he wants to go. One possibility is that I will become the group leader for the SAP department. The senior SAP developer is mostly just that a developer, he's not interested in being a leader. As the boss wants to expand our department to more than just two of us I may end up with that role. Not exactly what I expected but I'd be willing to do the job. In any case it looks good, and I'll finish my probationary time at the end of May, get a little raise (he also said that I'll probably get that anyway) and then I nice two week vacation in June.

I'm still agonizing how I should approach approaching my boss about a raise Another Tounge Being a small company makes it a little strange at times, like, if I go to his office and close the door, everyone would know something is up. We do go to lunch about 2-3 times a month, so I was thinking on the car ride back from one of those trips, but I've also read that I probably shouldn't "put him on the spot" by just cold asking and it might be a better idea to send a "let me know when you have time to discuss my salary" email... and if I'm going to send said email, maybe that should include the "here's all the poop I do that I don't feel compensated for" list sofa

I think the worst part about the small company is that I feel more money in my pocket directly equates to less money in his, and oddly... that makes me hesitate (then again, he might agree to my first number w/o blinking and all my agonizing over this was for naught laugh1 )

While it's nice you and your boss get along together, if you are not being paid a fair wage for all that you do, then he's technically taking advantage of you. Of course he's not going to give you a raise just for the heck of it, you'll have to ask. Give him an email to set up an appointment do the asking face-to-face. Mention in the email that you have a lot of responsibility, and you are currently paid below the average for your position. During  the personal discussion you can mention all the things you do for the company, and show him that for someone with your experience and responsibility you should be making on average X amount.

This is like when someone tells a graphic artist "hey, I want you to work on my project, but you'll be paid by letting people see what you can do." nope that's not the way to go.

-- signature --

Bonker Gudd
Monster Poster

Stars: +0/-0

« Reply #3222 on: March 17, 2017, 12:35:09 am »

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #3223 on: March 17, 2017, 03:33:54 pm »

One possibility is that I will become the group leader for the SAP department. The senior SAP developer is mostly just that a developer, he's not interested in being a leader. As the boss wants to expand our department to more than just two of us I may end up with that role.
Who leads now with the two of you? At this company, I used to lead the graphics dept, so anything would come to me from the boss and I'd "delegate" to the graphics guy/gal. Since I've left and returned, they have more responsibilities that don't affect my projects, so I really don't know who he answers to now Another Tounge I think he has three bosses (myself being one of them) but ultimately the boss has the final say of course. Where this falls apart though is two areas:
First, his priorities, at least as far as my needs go. I just assume he's working on something more important (I'm just working in a dev environment, I don't care if it's ugly and buttons are on the screen where I thew them) and that causes projects to sometimes get held up because I've finished but he still needs to pretty it up.
Second, he does know a touch of code, mostly js/jQuery for doing fancy things on screen, and if he gets stuck he's the type to keep researching/testing/etc till he figures it out. In theory that's great, but when he can just ask me and save a few hours, not so great. Since I'm not keeping tabs on his projects, I never realize when he's doing that, and I'm not the type to constantly ask "what are you working on?"

Not exactly what I expected but I'd be willing to do the job.
With a small team it shouldn't be so bad, especially if you are doing it as you grow the team. I seriously need to figure out something for this company, we're starting to drop the ball in places... at least I finally got the boss to update the "new client on-boarding checklist" since sales has a bad habit of telling people it does everything and more (which is typical of sales) and the department that trains & helps set up the software isn't aware of what has been sold. (But all of that is really outside of my scope as a developer... and an indicator that I'm not just a developer (although I would like to be))

In any case it looks good, and I'll finish my probationary time at the end of May, get a little raise (he also said that I'll probably get that anyway) and then I nice two week vacation in June.
Very awesome! I forget how much vacation time I get since it's pretty laid back here. I've already taken 8 "half" days so far (and have at least three more) with dental work Another Tounge I've also taken at least 1 full sick day. The office manager says he really only bothers when a person starts taking off a lot. Speaking of things the office manager keeps tabs on... we were discussing previous employees once and got to the topic of unemployment benefits. He keeps a log of some sort in the event a person is let go and they choose to fight the request (kind of :poop:ty, but as a small company it does jack up their taxes considerably)... I attempted to pry for him to tell me what's in my "file" (or better yet, that I don't have one) at least twice and he changed the subject each time... sofa

While it's nice you and your boss get along together, if you are not being paid a fair wage for all that you do, then he's technically taking advantage of you.
I fully agree and I try not to think of it that way (or it will make me angry/resentful) and rather stick to the "we're a small company that isn't making what a larger one would" (as well as the laid back attitude (for the most part, there was that dust up about Saturdays just a month or so ago) where I could simply decide I have things to do elsewhere and take off right now). I do have a bit of access to the numbers (I did write the system that invoices our clients) but I'm not sure what our overhead is (like rent, servers, employee salaries) so I can't say. I do know he "poor mouths" quite a bit (like there is a part of his car needing repair, but since it's aesthetic he's waiting for our high season) or saying that he's not getting paid this month... (which I think he could be doing to make us not ask for money, but it doesn't help morale Another Tounge )

Of course he's not going to give you a raise just for the heck of it, you'll have to ask. Give him an email to set up an appointment do the asking face-to-face. Mention in the email that you have a lot of responsibility, and you are currently paid below the average for your position.
Yup... I'm going to try to set aside some time to work on that this weekend.

During  the personal discussion you can mention all the things you do for the company, and show him that for someone with your experience and responsibility you should be making on average X amount.
I do have some data that recruiter acquaintances have sent me, not sure if I should print that out or just verbally mention since if he needs proof he can easily search it. I also can't decide if I should "undercut" myself right off the bat... of course I think everyone would say not to but I think the first number I'm going to throw out (33%) might be a shock Another Tounge So I'm thinking something along the lines of "Only considering my programming and not the other responsibilities or off the clock items I handle, the average salary for this city is [33%] but to be honest I would be happy with [20%]." Because honestly, I would be (and hopefully it is received as "poop, 33%? I can't afford him, he's going to leave, what are we going to do!?! Oh wait, 20%, it'll be tight but we can manage it.". Sure I would be ecstatic with the 33%, but at 20% I can still bitch that I'm underpaid when I need to laugh1

This is like when someone tells a graphic artist "hey, I want you to work on my project, but you'll be paid by letting people see what you can do." nope that's not the way to go.
lol yeah, no, I have 20'ish years experience, I don't need more "exposure" or "internship."

[snip]
So where does bonks go when he's not here?

Speaking of dental work... I probably mentioned it (actually last time it was an issue was around the time this place started, so maybe not) but when I had my wisdom teeth out in 1997'ish, the Dr "broke" my jaw (nothing major, just splintering of the socket, not very common but does happen)...
At the time, I thought I was getting strep throat as it hurt to swallow... turns out there was a piece of bone jutting out and was stabbing my tongue when I swallowed. I called up the dentist (I was kind of mad too) so he had me in the next morning to "round it off" and eventually it came out on its own.
Then in about 2003 it happened again... Although this time I took matters into my own hands (literally) and with a bit of cutting & prying managed to remove it myself.
And now... it appears to be back... not as bad as the previous two times (yet) and not through the gum (yet) but the side of my tongue is a bit raw... I texted my dental student (who is actually done with me, my last tooth will be done by someone else there) and she said she will ask her faculty what I should do and get back to me today... so we'll see. [UPDATE] Won't be able to be seen till the 28th... They do have an emergency number if I need, but I think I'll be ok, I've a pretty high pain tolerance. [/UPDATE]

Last night was the 6th sitting of my chest tattoo (not counting the two skulls done in one sitting each) and the background is finally done! Only thing left is to color the skull on my left (which he'll want to re-outline as it is nearly 20 years old but should only take one sitting):

http://imgur.com/a/GBiBP

I have a couple shows tonight, there is a big event and one of my favorite local bands is playing (last) but somehow I don't care for any of the other bands laugh1 so I'm going to one venue for most of the night, then popping over there for their set. They are holding two t-shirts for me (they were printed right before they went on tour (like hours before) so I had them set me some aside and this will be the first time catching up with them since they got back a couple weeks ago) so I kind of have to go Another Tounge

Not sure about tomorrow though... the calendar looks bleak :tumbleweed:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:55:39 pm by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #3224 on: March 28, 2017, 04:05:06 am »

Holy poop the site is back Grin. Glad Simmo's host finally got things sorted.

Things are going pretty well here. Tomorrow I have the presentation and training with our Italian partner. That's looking pretty good too. I'm feeling pretty secure at work.

We had a minor catastrophe when our dish washer died. We ended up having to order a new one. Since our car is currently not drivable (must go through inspection first) we ordered the machine online and had it delivered. My wife specifically told Amazon that they need to pick up the old machine. So on the day of delivery the guy tries to tell us it will cost us another 20 Euros for him to take the machine. My wife was livid. Since the price of picking up the old machine was paid with the original invoice. So the guy left without the old machine. My wife actually got Amazon to call back and told them the story and they checked their items and said "yes he was supposed to take the machine, as you originally requested. We'll have someone come next week to pick it up, and we'll call you on when that will happen on Monday" (this all happened on Friday afternoon). So Monday my wife received a call from Amazon saying that the machine will be picked up on Thursday.

To be honest I was really surprised at Amazon's support in this case. Glad to see it worked out so well.

-- signature --

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216   Go Up
Print

Jump to: