January 24, 2021, 05:55:32 am
News: If someone gives you crap then give them a Bad Star
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 63680 times)
simmo
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #330 on: January 11, 2021, 08:05:48 pm »

I've been pretty active, at least I've been trying to actively level. I'm getting close to 50 which I should hit sometime soon.

I kind of want to do the next ascension (I've completed 1 & 2 (didn't even know they had a 4)) but that takes time and IRL money...

I've been pretty active, at least I've been trying to actively level. I'm getting close to 50 which I should hit sometime soon. I left the PUG! fleet as they were looking to slim down and have more war fighters. I was never much for war fighting as I find it a waste of resources. I do kind of miss the fleet bosses dunno . Was surprised to see a fleet invite thrown my way today. I'm not sure if I'll take it, or if I'll just let it sit there. I'm busy enough with trying to get 50 Grin

Yeah, I was never fan of wars either, when I lived in VA I was more active and participated in quite a few. I've a few fleet invites hanging out as well (don't even know who from lol), I don't see a point in being in one though.

We had the very typical, eating Fondue with the kids, and watching Dinner for One which is a yearly thing on German TV. It's pretty funny especially since it is nearly all done in English. It's been around since the mid to late 60's. It's a German tradition and the kids like it Grin

I believe you posted a link here back in 07 or 08, that is a quirky tradition lol.

Nope it just has a big hopper to dump beans into and they get shaken down into the grinder, which makes things good for me. I only have to worry about cleaning out the basket every so often.

Ah, so it only grinds what it needs at the time, that sounds awesome!

Well good luck on updating your skill set. I've been pretty lax about that too, but I've been given some work at the office where I have to learn Node.js and Angular. This opens a bit of new stuff for me. The mostly how the languages are used. Javascript as a server side language? Crazy Wink

Thanks, I think my first step will be C#, which should be an easy enough transition since it's the same ide and whatnot. So far I've been doing some "challenges" on microsoft.com but since I'm starting at the beginning, it's too easy (like, I already know the difference in declaring variables between the two languages). After that I plan to look into Angular & React, since I see those two pop up in a lot of job postings. I looked at Node.js when I was in VA, it was really new, and my server guys were unsure about being able to run it, so I didn't go much further.
I need to figure out git too... I do have an actual work project in mind that I can use C# for, it's just an internal log reader (vs me running queries in the database directly) so nothing too fancy though.

So all our kids are in home school for the next couple of weeks in an attempt to bring the Corona infections down. So we've spent plenty of money on cameras, and headphones. My wife will have to start giving classes online too, so that means she also needs a new camera as the one built into her laptop is pretty weak, only 420p which makes it very grainy. We tested it tonight. So she'll probably need a camera like the one our sons are using which will give her a 1080p video. It's all just getting confusing.

heh, so glad I don't have to deal with all of that!

It's also pretty bad that my eldest (only 16) is getting better than I am with technology. I'm beginning to feel like a 12 o'clock flasher in my own home sofa
rofl_yello I don't think I've ever heard that label before but I instantly knew what you meant!

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #331 on: January 11, 2021, 08:16:36 pm »

rofl_yello I don't think I've ever heard that label before but I instantly knew what you meant!

I got it from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLTsSnGWMI it's pretty old Grin

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #332 on: January 11, 2021, 08:23:24 pm »

I got it from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLTsSnGWMI it's pretty old Grin
That was both funny and stressful at the same time laugh1

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2021, 05:18:04 pm »

That was both funny and stressful at the same time laugh1

Brings back old memories doesn't it yes

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #334 on: January 20, 2021, 03:49:23 pm »

Are you still using your Logitech MX Ergo? I'm in the market for a new trackball and was thinking of giving logitech another chance (the trackball they discontinued about 10 years was the most perfect ever, no one seems to have been able to recreate it, and I will never forgive them for no longer making it... unless...). Some reviews are saying the clicker goes out, which is fairly unavoidable depending on use (is why I'm looking to replace my current) but that's ok if everything else is good (and the clicker doesn't fail TOO soon).

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #335 on: January 22, 2021, 01:37:55 pm »

Yep still using it, and love it. Perfect fit in my hand, and works just fine. Since I play a lot of Minecraft so there's been plenty of clicking with it and it is still clicking just fine, nothing worn out. The battery is still holding good. I think I charge it once every couple of months or so and I'm not turning it off at night, just shutting down the computer. So yeah it's a good purchase.

-- signature --

simmo
Administrator

« Reply #336 on: January 22, 2021, 07:09:25 pm »

Yep still using it, and love it. Perfect fit in my hand, and works just fine. Since I play a lot of Minecraft so there's been plenty of clicking with it and it is still clicking just fine, nothing worn out. The battery is still holding good. I think I charge it once every couple of months or so and I'm not turning it off at night, just shutting down the computer. So yeah it's a good purchase.

Good to know, thanks! I decided to go with the Elecom EX-G Pro M-XPT1 for now. I was using an Elecom EX-G M-XT3 but I noticed i was on the 2nd one, having replaced the other 1 year ago. previous to that, I was using Sanwa, but the ball on those isn't as smooth, almost sticky after a while.

..... .....

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: