August 16, 2017, 11:54:54 PM
News: GalahTech Community Based Technical Support!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 1210 times)
msimmons
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2017, 01:27:56 PM »

laugh1 yeah I'm not one to take showers everyday. I do try to at least sponge bath at least once a day, and take showers a couple of times a week. Saves money on water Wink besides showering too much isn't so good for your skin.
heh, and I'm over here taking two a day most days Another Tounge

Yeah cereal is full of carbs and those turn to sugar which add fat. That's why I try not to eat carbs after 5pm, because after 5 I'm not doing anything to burn them off.
Ah yeah, good point. Even though its "healthy" cereal, it's got plenty of carbs: https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/cold-cereal/kashi-golean-original-cereal

Good idea, once it looks like they are getting more clients then comeback and say something.
Yup, that's kinda what kept me from asking from the get go, since I wrote the accounting software I can see our revenue (I don't know our overhead so not sure what the boss' profit is (if any)) and was hoping to see it climbing but it hasn't (yet).

I'm actually doing pretty good. I've had some headaches and nights where I don't sleep but other than that I'm doing fine. (Knock on wood).
My illness is all done, just barely coughing at this point yay

Next weekend is our wedding anniversary, hard to believe we've been married for 14 years now.
wow, congrats!

Double Post!

Here was our Sunday afternoon project with the family.
That is awesome! I've seen one in person at the nearby Nasa facility that I used to visit as a kid. Went there a few years ago and it didn't have quite the same magic, probably on my end, not theirs though.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 01:54:25 PM »

It's the beginning of our crazy weekend:

Today we had the Summer Party for our eldest son's school.
Tomorrow we have: my wife has a class to give, the Summer Party for our other sons' school, our anniversary (so dinner)
Sunday my middle son officially becomes an Alter Boy at the church.
Monday our youngest son has his name's day party with other children where we are doing experiments, and middle son has a book report to give.

Monday is also vacation for me, I've taken 2 weeks off. Grin

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 10:45:35 AM »

It's the beginning of our crazy weekend:

Today we had the Summer Party for our eldest son's school.
Tomorrow we have: my wife has a class to give, the Summer Party for our other sons' school, our anniversary (so dinner)
Sunday my middle son officially becomes an Alter Boy at the church.
Monday our youngest son has his name's day party with other children where we are doing experiments, and middle son has a book report to give.
Sounds exciting!

(I didn't know what a "name's day" was so I looked it up, pretty cool!)

Monday is also vacation for me, I've taken 2 weeks off. Grin
I've said it before, I'll say it again, you take a lot of vacation laugh1

Nothing too exciting here, saw some friends play Friday and drank till I got the hiccups doh Saturday was the first of three benefit shows for my recently passed friend/ex-band mate (the remaining two events are a month away). It went pretty well, I herd there was some drama (allegedly someone called the fire marshal or something) but I didn't see anything. It was early and everyone was planning to go to a different show after but most changed their minds and I think I was the only one to continue on laugh1 (and that's why I didn't start drinking so early).

I can't remember if I've mentioned it or not but I've been battling fleas in my apartment for a couple (few?) months now... So far I've:

- had the apartment send exterminators 3x
- sprinkled diatomaceous earth on the carpet and rubbed it in with a broom (I vacuumed it like an hour later though cos I was worried about it affecting Fido)
- vacuuming daily (and immediately emptying the canister into a bag that I tie off) (I've mopped the two rooms that don't have carpet twice, not sure if those rooms matter since I don't think fleas care about hard surfaces)
- spraying some "plant based" flea killer on the carpet
- have a few flea traps (that reminds me, going to order another now) placed around the apt

Fido also has some flea stuff on, as well as given him a few pills that kills any on him... but I still get bitten a few times a day (I kill 99% of them that get me)... not sure what else to do... My sister has some powder she got from her vet and I have to be down that way next weekend so I'll probably try that.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »

Ack! Fleas! The only good Flea is the bass player Wink. I remember having flea problems at home as a kid with 4 cats and a dog all of whom wondered outside. It was horrible. Good luck!

Well I've had a very odd vacation. At one point we had a son go to the hospital for a night. It was very worrisome. Thankfully he's doing better now.

Currently I'm roasting in my own juices as Europe has another heatwave. It's nasty! Should be like this the whole weekend. Any way I'm doing my best not to cook inside the house this weekend. Saturday we're grilling only because the heat stays outside Wink.

Back to work on Monday. Apparently there's lots going on for our Italian partners. I don't know how much I'll be involved but with the size of our company you never know when the boss puts you in the spotlight.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2017, 05:58:21 PM »

Ack! Fleas! The only good Flea is the bass player Wink. I remember having flea problems at home as a kid with 4 cats and a dog all of whom wondered outside. It was horrible. Good luck!
It's been just over 48 hours since my last flea bite! Hopefully that's the last of it. Saturday I picked up a container of some powder she got from her vet but didn't use. I spent a good portion of my Sunday moving furniture and what not in my bedroom to one side of the room, treating it, then moving everything again, treating that side, then putting everything where it goes (was much more complex than that as almost every square foot of my apt, especially my bedroom, is accounted for sofa ) I'm not sure how many square feet that container was supposed to treat... but I used it all in the one room laugh1 I did have enough to move my couch and treat the area it occupies. I still have my flea traps out and don't intend to put them away anytime soon just in case.

Well I've had a very odd vacation. At one point we had a son go to the hospital for a night. It was very worrisome. Thankfully he's doing better now.
:o that doesn't sound fun, glad to hear he's doing better!

Currently I'm roasting in my own juices as Europe has another heatwave. It's nasty! Should be like this the whole weekend. Any way I'm doing my best not to cook inside the house this weekend. Saturday we're grilling only because the heat stays outside Wink.
We had a cold front, it's been in the 90s (F) so not bad, those triple digit days were no cool Another Tounge

Back to work on Monday. Apparently there's lots going on for our Italian partners. I don't know how much I'll be involved but with the size of our company you never know when the boss puts you in the spotlight.
Good luck!

Been dealing with adding a new domain controller and moving our "redirected" files to the new server... it's been a couple weeks and I don't feel like I'm making much progress... people have toooooo much stuff in their folders so trying to find a way that doesn't take them hours to log in on that first switch. Since our existing DC is on server 2003, I can't make the jump to anything greater than 2008... so I have a VM on my shiny new server 2016 running windows 2008 as a trial version, attempting to take over as master controller, so I can then decommission the 2003, set up 2016, then decommission the 2008... well, the trial expired today so I had to quickly spin up a new VM and set up a new master laugh1 Hopefully that didn't mess up anything... While doing this I found a misconfig in the original DNS server that was randomly causing users to not see the network (and probably causing the issue that got my "we need to replace this old server" comments to finally solidify) ... but having the correct config seems to be causing issues too doh I just want to be a programmer damnit!

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2017, 01:12:35 PM »

So hope the flea problems are now solved!

Thankfully our weather has cooled off, now it's feeling too cold :brrr:

Work is going pretty well, other than my dislike of writing user interfaces. I suck at user interfaces. It took me all day today to create a Schedule dialog.

Today our nephews and nieces dropped by and brought computer and computer upgrades for my kids. Eldest boy now has a FrankenPuter which is a good upgrade from his old Dell which overheated a lot because it was one of those cube like computers that were made to be easy to use but not upgradeable. Middle boy got a new graphics card that should give him more of an umpf in that area. Youngest now has a laptop. They are all happy.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2017, 12:11:48 PM »

So hope the flea problems are now solved!
I **think** they are. I had two bites Monday, and one yesterday, all three times it was within 10-20 mins of being outside (going to work or coming home) (and all three times I killed the thing). I think Fido is still showing a little sign of having them (tiny blood spots on surfaces). He has "medicine" on that kills them, but they have to bite him first, I never see any actually on him though.

Thankfully our weather has cooled off, now it's feeling too cold :brrr:
I can't imagine too cold Another Tounge When I was in Virginia people used to think I must be suffering since I'm "used to the heat" but I would hardly wear a jacket on the coldest days, totally loved it. We've been staying below 100F so that's nice.

Work is going pretty well, other than my dislike of writing user interfaces. I suck at user interfaces. It took me all day today to create a Schedule dialog.
heh, yeah, I'm fortunate to have a pretty awesome graphics/front end guy who is great at that kind of thing.

Today our nephews and nieces dropped by and brought computer and computer upgrades for my kids. Eldest boy now has a FrankenPuter which is a good upgrade from his old Dell which overheated a lot because it was one of those cube like computers that were made to be easy to use but not upgradeable. Middle boy got a new graphics card that should give him more of an umpf in that area. Youngest now has a laptop. They are all happy.
That's cool! Was it their hand-me-downs?

Making headway on this network, still a bit nervous though Another Tounge Current status is:

Win2k3 is still running, but:
 - still acting as a domain controller, but win2k8 holds the primary roles
 - DHCP is turned off to ensure that the new server is dishing out ipconfig
 - DNS is still active but PCs are looking at the new server first (I unplugged the win2k3's nic for a bit this morning and tested a few PCs, was able to reboot/login/access the internet)

- I've copied all the shared files to the win2k16 (I think we have a LOT of stuff that no one uses... I want to clean it up but I've too much to do as it is, I reduced the amount of shares from 8+ to 1 Another Tounge (a lot of the shares linked to folders in the main share...)
 - I've copied all but one user's redirected folder (just desktop & "my documents") to the win2k16 and switched everyone (except that one user) to the new group policy (and "/force"ed the update on their machine before they came in since it takes about 10 minutes on first login even though I "robocopy"ed their files beforehand).

Next step is to decommission the win2k3 and promote the win2k16 to domain controller (giving it all the primary roles). Once that's all good, decommission the win2k8 and be left with only the win2k16. (after that I have to migrate from FRS to DFS because win2k16 R3 no longer supports FRS...)

..... .....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: