November 19, 2017, 04:32:09 PM
News: If someone gives you crap then give them a Bad Star
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Post race ... Continued ... Again  (Read 2655 times)
msimmons
Administrator

Stars: +3/-0

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 03:31:18 PM »

Afraid of a little Karma Evil.
exactly! plus, back in teh day i showered like once a month... now it's twice a day (at least) and I think this is an outdoor thing so gonna want a shower even more Another Tounge Pretty sure I just talked myself into booking a room (I need to talk to the guys and firm up some details first. I kind of want to back out of it because the singer of my first band started a new band around last xmas (he hasn't been in a band since hte late 90s) and their first show will be happening that weekend.

I was just trying to cheese you a bit. Anyone who's willing to sit still and let someone run a bunch of needles across their skin are tough enough Wink
heh yeah, I didn't take it as serious. That's kind of why I have them, to be like "yeah, I've got all these skulls and punk rock imagery... and some pretty little daisies"

My wife also complains about battery life. Mostly she compares her smart phone to her old clap phone. Older phones held charge longer because they had less going on under the hood.
I make sure to have a full charge before i go out, sometimes if I'm just going to a random show and it's bad or dead I'll actually wind up reading a book and I have to be careful not to run out of battery Another Tounge Also if I wind up texting a lot or otherwise using my phone (pics vid etc). I have two different battery backups that I might start carrying (which would be easy to do in "winter" when I have a jacket rather than finding room in my tight jeans).

I guess with your diet that kind of makes sense. It's also further away isn't it?
heh, not really on a diet anymore (i guess i've just adopted better habits) and their food is pretty healthy but yeah, it's the distance. It's an hour away and she still lives up here and commutes (totally hates it). When she does move I'll probably start going down there more often.

Sorry to hear about your friend. That's probably the thing I hate most about getting older. Hearing about friends that have died, and thinking "... but we're not that old!". 
Thanks. Unfortunately death has no age minimum, I think I was in Jr High when I lost my first close personal friend.

Funny enough, while we don't encourage bad language, we don't really shy away from it. I've been known to drop the F-bomb around my kids, my wife sometimes will take issue if I do it too much but usually it just slides through. We're more worried about habits that are worse on their social standing like not paying attention to others and focusing on things.
Yeah, I think religion probably has a lot to do with it. I always razz my mom about using "substitutions" (like "darn it").

Speaking of anniversaries my wife is awesome. Yesterday I showed her that Lego is comming out with a Saturn V set with exactly 1969 pieces for about 120 Euros. She suggested we could get it for our anniversary in July. Grin
That does sound awesome!

Sorry that's ASP no idea about what you were talking about Tongue
heh, that's part of the issue in trying to figure it out... I'm not sure if it's code, server, host, or registrar.

Barely staying awake...
This past Wednesday I decided to go see a friend play an early show (8-9pm) and as I was getting ready to go out I saw that another band I have friends in was playing elsewhere at 10:30, so I figure that's not too bad... When I walk in, the bar tender says "Mr Simmons, you're in luck, we have $2 lone stars tonight." ... (The fact that I'm known by name is a bad sign already). The show was delayed an hour but the next day wasn't too rough.
Thursday evening I get a text from some Texas City friends that they are in town for a show... I said "I don't think I'm coming out, I was out last night and I have a meeting in the morning, but I might surprise you." Well they were surprised Another Tounge We wound up going out to eat after too... which is both bad for my diet (i guess i dont consider myself on a diet cos it's really that i just cut out bad habits like that (mostly)) and losing sleep time... so yeah... I'm going straight to bed after work yawn nothing exciting on the calendar tonight, but some friends I rarely see play (cos they usually play weeknights and it's not my genre (kindof Tejano)) is playing at a small dive bar I like.

..... .....

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2017, 05:57:11 PM »

so yeah... I'm going straight to bed after work yawn nothing exciting on the calendar tonight, but some friends I rarely see play (cos they usually play weeknights and it's not my genre (kindof Tejano)) is playing at a small dive bar I like.

Double Post!

Slept for nearly 30 minutes after work Another Tounge I'm a pro at napping, no alarms, 15-30 mins and I'm good to go after. (Sometimes I can't manage to fall asleep though.) Went to the Tejano'ish show, they typically play two sets but a friend met me there and I think he was board. The only other thing was a Cheap Trick cover band (at my 2nd fav venue) so we went over there. It was actually pretty good laugh1 Wasn't very many people and we wound up hanging out with the bartender[ese]s for a bit after... I wasn't sure I was going to be able to handle it when they started pouring whiskey, but I wasn't going to say no sofa Things stayed down though, we even grabbed a bite to eat (just me & friend, we left the bartenders to their cleaning) after Another Tounge

Saturday one of the younger guys in the scene (late 20s? early 30s?) who I know, but not well, was having a bar-b-q at his place. The underlying theme was to be around friends of my friend that recently passed (but we really didn't bring him up). On Friday I bought a case of beer to take, plus I had a half case from one night at the tattoo shop (I typically leave whatever we don't drink at the shop, but they had plenty). When the time came to go, my "social anxiety" really started up... Going to a show alone is one thing because there is a central focus (or I'll even pull out a book (on my phone)), but going to a party where I barely know the host and may not know anyone else? ... Well I managed to talk myself into it, quite a few of my acquaintances are due to the guy that passed, so I told myself I can't ride his coattails anymore, I have to make and maintain my own friendships from now on. It went well. At first there were only like 6 people, one was a guy I've seen at shows and have said a few words to, he and I chatted for at least an hour. As more & more people started rolling in, a guy showed up who was in the same boat as I, but he knew me (still not that well) so he kind of latched on. His band is playing this Friday (along with a 3 other bands full on my friends (one of which is my deceased friend's band)) so I'm looking forward to that.
When it got later (8 or 9) I went home to change (was a little sweaty being outside) then off to a small venue where a guy I know was DJing. Met the guy I hung out with Friday night there and we headed to see a band at a house party (picking up beer on the way). I didn't realize there were three bands or I would have insisted we go earlier! Totally like the band we just missed... it was so hot & humid in the house though so we hung out outside... till the cops showed up... cop walks up to me, asks where the homeowner is, I say "she's inside." He pulls out his light, shines it on me, then at the case of beer/empties at my feet and says, "I can take you in, or you can move along." So of course I say "ok, we're gone." and we left Another Tounge

Been a while since I was at a party that got busted by the cops laugh1

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Stars: +4/-0

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »

Been a while since I was at a party that got busted by the cops laugh1

rofl_yello Never happened to me before. I guess I'm too much of an angel post-445-1117170441[1]

And we're back from Vacation. It was a fun time, lots of mountains to see, and some gorgeous landscapes. Austria is really pretty. The boys have said they would like to go again.

First couple of days the weather was meh, but the last couple of days the weather was perfect.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 04:15:06 PM »

rofl_yello Never happened to me before. I guess I'm too much of an angel post-445-1117170441[1]
As a musician, it's old hat Another Tounge

And we're back from Vacation. It was a fun time, lots of mountains to see, and some gorgeous landscapes. Austria is really pretty. The boys have said they would like to go again.
Were the hills alive with the sound of music?

First couple of days the weather was meh, but the last couple of days the weather was perfect.
Glad it cleared up!

Whew this weekend was action packed!
Friday straight from work I went to get a hair cut, grabbed some fast food on the way home and was back out by 8. Only one show but it was a fun one, all the bands were local, and they were all friends. The opening band was a newer one that my friend who recently passed was playing with. The show was on the calendar way before that happened, they had two guitarists so just played with one, first time playing without him. About 1/3rd of the way through their set... the bassist's pace maker (he doesn't seem that old, but he is pretty "heavy" (to use my grandmother's terms)) shocked him 4 times. Rescue squad was called, they said he was OK, he wanted to come back out and finish the set but they said he should go to the ER for a more thorough checkup. Show ended around midnight and after socializing a bit everyone was saying they were going to a certain bar. I rode with a gal I know and after we got there everyone started texting us saying they weren't coming doh She and I drank till close, making random conversation with others on the patio.

After a few hours sleep, I had to get up to work on the green house project yawn We got three of the twelve aquariums (6 for turtles, 6 for frogs) drilled and plumbed before I had to go. My friend who recently passed was the guitarist for the biggest band in town (for the past 23 years, he had recently joined when he also joined my old punk band in 94) and they had a show, also on the books for months, also first time playing without him. They too had two guitarists but their other one was out of state (they were going to play with just the one) so what they did was had two guys learn eight of their songs. One guy was a very close friend and it was freaky how much it was like seeing our missing friend up there. The other guy was someone that our friend looked up to (it's funny how modest that guy is too, he was actually nervous to get up there). Overall it was a great show:
http://www.houstonpress.com/slideshow/saint-arnold-packs-the-house-for-its-epic-23rd-anniversary-party-in-houston-9517560

I got there a couple hours early to socialize because as soon as they finished their last song I was calling my Uber to hit the next stop. Earlier that week one of the younger (18yrs old) members of the scene messaged me about his new band's show, so I felt like I should support them. It was a little "metal" for my tastes but I liked them. I figured the rest of the show was going to be just outside my tastes and I didn't know anyone there, so after their set I headed over to another venue where the "surf rock" band I've seen a few times was playing. I think I was home by 1 am that night Another Tounge

Back up again Sunday morning to work on three more aquariums. Turtle guy had a place to be so we quit "early" at around 2:30 so I headed home for a quick shower then down to Galveston but I didn't make it to the deli in time to eat, so I just took chick out to dinner instead. When I finally made it home I was too exhausted to do any freelance... Even went to bed early laugh1

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 10:36:24 AM »

Were the hills alive with the sound of music?

Funny that you would ask that as we were indeed in Salzburg, for one day, where Sound of Music was filmed (at least partially). It's absolutely their number 1 way of attracting American tourists Another Tounge

Whew this weekend was action packed!
Friday straight from work I went to get a hair cut, grabbed some fast food on the way home and was back out by 8. Only one show but it was a fun one, all the bands were local, and they were all friends. The opening band was a newer one that my friend who recently passed was playing with. The show was on the calendar way before that happened, they had two guitarists so just played with one, first time playing without him. About 1/3rd of the way through their set... the bassist's pace maker (he doesn't seem that old, but he is pretty "heavy" (to use my grandmother's terms)) shocked him 4 times. Rescue squad was called, they said he was OK, he wanted to come back out and finish the set but they said he should go to the ER for a more thorough checkup. Show ended around midnight and after socializing a bit everyone was saying they were going to a certain bar. I rode with a gal I know and after we got there everyone started texting us saying they weren't coming doh She and I drank till close, making random conversation with others on the patio.
I've never seen anyone shocked by their pace maker. Do they jump or something?

After a few hours sleep, I had to get up to work on the green house project yawn We got three of the twelve aquariums (6 for turtles, 6 for frogs) drilled and plumbed before I had to go. My friend who recently passed was the guitarist for the biggest band in town (for the past 23 years, he had recently joined when he also joined my old punk band in 94) and they had a show, also on the books for months, also first time playing without him. They too had two guitarists but their other one was out of state (they were going to play with just the one) so what they did was had two guys learn eight of their songs. One guy was a very close friend and it was freaky how much it was like seeing our missing friend up there. The other guy was someone that our friend looked up to (it's funny how modest that guy is too, he was actually nervous to get up there). Overall it was a great show:
http://www.houstonpress.com/slideshow/saint-arnold-packs-the-house-for-its-epic-23rd-anniversary-party-in-houston-9517560

I got there a couple hours early to socialize because as soon as they finished their last song I was calling my Uber to hit the next stop. Earlier that week one of the younger (18yrs old) members of the scene messaged me about his new band's show, so I felt like I should support them. It was a little "metal" for my tastes but I liked them. I figured the rest of the show was going to be just outside my tastes and I didn't know anyone there, so after their set I headed over to another venue where the "surf rock" band I've seen a few times was playing. I think I was home by 1 am that night Another Tounge
Sounds like you're a role model for the next generation punks.

Back up again Sunday morning to work on three more aquariums. Turtle guy had a place to be so we quit "early" at around 2:30 so I headed home for a quick shower then down to Galveston but I didn't make it to the deli in time to eat, so I just took chick out to dinner instead. When I finally made it home I was too exhausted to do any freelance... Even went to bed early laugh1

Well no wonder with all the shows you had been going to Another Tounge

We're not doing a lot right now. I start work again on the 19th so just trying to get my last bit of relaxing done. My wife and I are kind of working on a bit of a writing project together after an idea I had some years ago started to pop up again, and I discussed it with her. Still the early stages, and most likely will be pushed back again eventually, but we've been having fun coming up with characters.

The boys are enjoying their time out of school. They'll go back to school same time I start work again. They don't like it that we make them do some extra school practice during vacation, but if we don't they just forget everything, and if you want to do well in school here you have to work at it.

My wife is thinking about changing software for her billing. Here in Germany most midwives use a specific piece of software to track and send their bills. It's been around for a long time, and looks like it too (Remember Multiple Document Interface (window in a window?)) They don't use MDI correctly, basically a series of Dialog screens and such. Really ugly but since everyone knows how to use it, they are afraid to change it. Anyway, the software is made to install on your local Windows machine. A new offer from a different company looks to move the information as a web application. The only problem I see is that the data you are storing is pretty sensitive personal data about the woman who the midwife cares for. The kind of thing you don't want ever accessed by someone who is not authorized. The company's documentation talks about storing the data in a Secure Server Facility, and that all interaction between the user and the server is over SSL. The problem I'm seeing is that the data is probably stored as plain text in the database, which would make me wary. She's going to ask some questions of the company to see what they do to prevent unauthorized access (hacking) from revealing sensitive personal data.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »

Funny that you would ask that
laugh1 glad it was funny, I figured it would be met with a groan Roll Eyes

It's absolutely their number 1 way of attracting American tourists Another Tounge
Yup, when I hear Austria I think of one of three things.

I've never seen anyone shocked by their pace maker. Do they jump or something?
Well he was rocking out while playing. This was the third time I've seen them and it was the most "active" I've seen him get. He said it went off four times so I don't know if it was spaced out (they played 3 songs so like 10 minutes) or in rapid succession. After one song ended he took off his bass and gave the "give me a min" hand gesture, then leaned over his amp clutching his chest so I assumed was having breathing trouble (I didn't know he had a pace maker). I've heard it makes some people pass out.

Sounds like you're a role model for the next generation punks.
It's kind of weird unsure Nearly a year ago I was at a show, the genre wasn't punk but they have obvious punk roots (I know the guys from 22 years ago when they were a punk band and played a show with mine). On occasion when I go to non-punk shows, I wear a punk band shirt (typically I just wear a plain black shirt), and I happened to be that night, as a result these kids approached me. We talked for a bit and I was happy to hear "my flavor" of punk was still around. They were in a different band at that time and the two are now is separate bands (I've seen the other one's band a couple times now but we never talk (except once or twice when I messaged to see what time they were on (since I'm always juggling shows))) so when the the one I saw last week messaged me I felt I should go (he messaged me a day or two after thanking me for going too).
When I was his age, I don't recall anyone in the scene with that large of an age difference (Then again, punk wasn't a thing that long before laugh1 I am friends with quite a few now that were there in the beginning of the scene but I don't recall ever seeing them before I moved back which is kind of weird). A lot of the punks that were just a few years older were really :poop:ty to [turtle guy] and I though Another Tounge We're all cool now (and they feel bad) and it's kind of funny cos I'll bring it up just to make them feel bad laugh1

Well no wonder with all the shows you had been going to Another Tounge
Yeah, not just shows but working in the greenhouse and the drive to/from Galveston... I have a lot on the calendar this weekend too, but at least my Saturday doesn't start till 3 pm.

We're not doing a lot right now. I start work again on the 19th so just trying to get my last bit of relaxing done.
Damn, you still have 5 more days! I really can't even imagine... Hell, even when I'm not in the office I'm working on freelance (unless going out or hanging w/chick) Another Tounge

My wife and I are kind of working on a bit of a writing project together after an idea I had some years ago started to pop up again, and I discussed it with her. Still the early stages, and most likely will be pushed back again eventually, but we've been having fun coming up with characters.
That really sounds awesome! Good luck and more importantly, have fun! yay

The boys are enjoying their time out of school. They'll go back to school same time I start work again. They don't like it that we make them do some extra school practice during vacation, but if we don't they just forget everything, and if you want to do well in school here you have to work at it.
heh, I think my mom tried to do that with me but I wouldn't stand for it (and I "got away" with whatever I wanted so it didn't stick).

My wife is thinking about changing software for her billing. Here in Germany most midwives use a specific piece of software to track and send their bills. It's been around for a long time, and looks like it too (Remember Multiple Document Interface (window in a window?)) They don't use MDI correctly, basically a series of Dialog screens and such. Really ugly but since everyone knows how to use it, they are afraid to change it.
The age old (no pun intended) conundrum. I still remember the push back on replacing the software that I replaced back in 2005... the accountants (note:plural) had to work late at least once a week, tensions were always high, etc... but they bitched about the change over so much... Once we finally moved over to my software the remaining accountant (people are scared about robots taking jobs? I've been writing people out of jobs for 17 years sofa ) never had to work overtime again.

Anyway, the software is made to install on your local Windows machine. A new offer from a different company looks to move the information as a web application.
As a web developer, I love that everything is going cloud.

The only problem I see is that the data you are storing is pretty sensitive personal data about the woman who the midwife cares for. The kind of thing you don't want ever accessed by someone who is not authorized. The company's documentation talks about storing the data in a Secure Server Facility, and that all interaction between the user and the server is over SSL. The problem I'm seeing is that the data is probably stored as plain text in the database, which would make me wary. She's going to ask some questions of the company to see what they do to prevent unauthorized access (hacking) from revealing sensitive personal data.
PCI compliance is the key phrase you want to hear here. I've recently gone though the process (in fact, have an "audit" today) and it really does signify that the data is secure. There are so many checks & balances in place to ensure that the data is safe from external as well as internal. It really only pertains to credit card data but I think the processes cause the rest of the data to be secure as a byproduct.

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 04:22:08 AM »

PCI compliance is the key phrase you want to hear here. I've recently gone though the process (in fact, have an "audit" today) and it really does signify that the data is secure. There are so many checks & balances in place to ensure that the data is safe from external as well as internal. It really only pertains to credit card data but I think the processes cause the rest of the data to be secure as a byproduct.

I'm not sure what the German requirements for protection of private data while stored in a database. They do have requirements for the encryption of such data during transmission. This is different data than your credit card number however, this is like very personal private information. Things like how often has the woman been pregnant, and how many times has she actually delivered. Also other very personal medical information that most people just don't want out there in the open. Right now the biggest likelihood for unauthorized release of this information is while it is stored statically. You don't here much about intercepted passwords for sites, as much as you hear about someone stealing a user database and reversing the hashes for the passwords. This is the kind of thing that is worrisome in this kind of application.

I understand the problem of storing data encrypted in a database, you can't really search through it, and encrypting and decrypting data structures could be time consuming, however, there needs to be a facility that reduces the possibility that if someone gets through to the database, they don't just have access to important data that's stored there in plain text because everyone figures it's unlikely that someone will hack the site.

-- signature --

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »

Double post just wanted to share my Father's day gift https://imgur.com/gallery/bdw6Z7

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »

Right now the biggest likelihood for unauthorized release of this information is while it is stored statically.
Yeah, the "at rest" encryption could be an issue if the data needs to be searchable.

Double post just wanted to share my Father's day gift https://imgur.com/gallery/bdw6Z7
Awesome yay

Had an ok weekend.

Friday the drummer from one of my favorite local bands (that never plays cos one of their members is in a band that tours a lot) texted me to let me know they were playing... unfortunately it was at the house where I got kicked out that one time Another Tounge I told him I didn't think I was welcome back there and he said "that was months ago, I'm sure they've forgotten." but I still didn't want to show up with beer to find out they had not forgotten sofa
I texted another friend who's band was playing to see what time they went on and he says "9, I'll put you on the guest list." so that made my decision easier laugh1 I got there a little late so only saw a few songs (I wasn't expecting them to open, they are kind of big) and the band that was after them was teeeeerrrrrrible... basically a 90s cover band with a failed elvis gimmick...  They must have a great publicist to have gotten the venue to book them as well as having my friends band open... there were only a handful of people there and most of who was with us popped over to a different venue to see some other bands.

Saturday was the memorial for my friend who recently passed. It wasn't your typical memorial though, it was hosted at a venue where his band played every xmas for the past 22 years. People brought food and there were two kegs of beer (1 lone star, 1 "local ipa" (which I can't drink, or at least not when it's 3 pm and I have three other shows I plan to hit)) that didn't last long (of course there was a bar too). I saw some people that I haven't seen in over 20 years and it was good to catch up with people. I arrived at teh same time as the bassist in his band (that band and the band he & I were in 22 yrs ago shared a practice room so I know them well) so I helped carry his gear in (no one played, but we set his gear up on stage next to a screen that was playing a slideshow of pictures), was pretty surreal thinking how that will be the last time I ever load in for him.
As mentioned, I was planing to hit three other venues (I knew it was a pretty ambitious plan) but there were a few others that wanted to come along and by the time we got everyone on the same page the time had passed to see who I wanted at the first two so we just hit the third. Strolled up just as some friends were loading in so we each grabbed a piece of gear and walked in the side door Another Tounge I still wound up with about $100 in bar tabs doh

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2017, 12:13:52 AM »

Yesterday, my insanity level hit the overdrive. I decided that I was going to ride my bike to and from work, and I did it. Slept like a rock last night too. My office is just about 23km (~14.3 miles) from home. I had expected it to take me about an hour and half but it ended up being a little over an hour both ways.

This morning my legs are still a little tired, but other than that I'm fit. I slept so well last night, which has been rare for the last few weeks. So that was nice. Funny enough riding my bike that long made me like crazy hungry.

Oh and at the grocery store yesterday I saw something that seems to be like a Moonpie. Smaller but has the same graham cracker like cookie inside with marshmallow and covered in chocolate.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »

Yesterday, my insanity level hit the overdrive. I decided that I was going to ride my bike to and from work, and I did it. Slept like a rock last night too. My office is just about 23km (~14.3 miles) from home. I had expected it to take me about an hour and half but it ended up being a little over an hour both ways.
But don't you get all sweaty? That's the main reason I won't do that here. It is only a 6 min drive so I can't imagine it would take more than 15 mins on bike, but I would be soaking wet sweat

I have some acquaintances (friends of friends, I see them at shows on occasion) that will post their gps app screen shots of their rides to & from Galveston which is like 50 miles... I can't understand that at all...

This morning my legs are still a little tired, but other than that I'm fit. I slept so well last night, which has been rare for the last few weeks. So that was nice. Funny enough riding my bike that long made me like crazy hungry.
heh, that's part of why I quit riding my exercise bike, felt like it was defeating the purpose as it made me eat. :yum:

Oh and at the grocery store yesterday I saw something that seems to be like a Moonpie. Smaller but has the same graham cracker like cookie inside with marshmallow and covered in chocolate.
Sounds like a s'more.

Didn't do anything too exciting last weekend.
Friday an ollllld friend's wife got tattooed so I went up there for a bit. Left to see a friend's band play. I was interested in hearing the 2nd (of two) bands but after a song or two I was ready to move on. The friend who played, his gf, and I went to the next venue and we got there just as the band we wanted to see (which was also the last band) got off stage doh We had a drink there and then I rode with that band to the next spot (in hindsight I feel a little bad for taking off on aforementioned friend and his gf, but I think they were heading home anyway before I suggested the show) which was just a regular bar. I ran into I guy I've known for a while but I only see him when he is playing so I stayed there chatting w/him while the band I rode there with hit yet another spot Another Tounge
Saturday was just a mediocre show, I didn't even make it to the end before I was yawning my head off yawn but Sunday made up for it with a fairly early show full of good local bands.

Went to a show last night, stayed too late and drank too much... not too happy with myself today Another Tounge 1.5 hours left in the workday, hoping I can catch a little nap before company comes over Another Tounge

[update]
Just got a raise :shock: it's a 10th of what I wanted (3%) but the fact that it came without my asking makes it special. We're currently interviewing more sales people so in theory our revenue will increase and therefore salaries, so it's good enough for now.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 05:35:50 PM by msimmons » Logged

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2017, 01:22:41 PM »

But don't you get all sweaty? That's the main reason I won't do that here. It is only a 6 min drive so I can't imagine it would take more than 15 mins on bike, but I would be soaking wet sweat

I have some acquaintances (friends of friends, I see them at shows on occasion) that will post their gps app screen shots of their rides to & from Galveston which is like 50 miles... I can't understand that at all...
Yes I do sweat, but I carry clean clothes, a towel, a washrag, and some deo and I give myself a sponge bath after I arrive at the office. That's usually enough to get the stink off of me so that I can work without disturbing my co-worker.

heh, that's part of why I quit riding my exercise bike, felt like it was defeating the purpose as it made me eat. :yum:

It all depends on what you eat in this case. I've been trying to focus on eating more proteins after a long ride instead of starches. Hopefully then I'm not replacing all the fat I just burned Wink

Sounds like a s'more.

Well that's basically what a moon pie is more or less. Except that the chocolate is on the outside.

Didn't do anything too exciting last weekend.
Friday an ollllld friend's wife got tattooed so I went up there for a bit. Left to see a friend's band play. I was interested in hearing the 2nd (of two) bands but after a song or two I was ready to move on. The friend who played, his gf, and I went to the next venue and we got there just as the band we wanted to see (which was also the last band) got off stage doh We had a drink there and then I rode with that band to the next spot (in hindsight I feel a little bad for taking off on aforementioned friend and his gf, but I think they were heading home anyway before I suggested the show) which was just a regular bar. I ran into I guy I've known for a while but I only see him when he is playing so I stayed there chatting w/him while the band I rode there with hit yet another spot Another Tounge
Saturday was just a mediocre show, I didn't even make it to the end before I was yawning my head off yawn but Sunday made up for it with a fairly early show full of good local bands.

Went to a show last night, stayed too late and drank too much... not too happy with myself today Another Tounge 1.5 hours left in the workday, hoping I can catch a little nap before company comes over Another Tounge

We were in Bayreuth this weekend as a family gatherings. Bayreuth is best known as being the home of Richard Wagner the Opera writer. The city was pretty nice and my wife and I are considering another visit, possibly without children, sometime in the future. There are plenty of things to see there. 

[update]
Just got a raise :shock: it's a 10th of what I wanted (3%) but the fact that it came without my asking makes it special. We're currently interviewing more sales people so in theory our revenue will increase and therefore salaries, so it's good enough for now.
:shock: Hey that's better than a boot to the head. I didn't get the raise I was hoping for but I did get an offer. Basically I'm going to be the "ideas" guy for our SAP development, and I should come up with ideas for new products that can integrate into SAP. As an incentive for the next 12 months every new SAP customer we get I get 2000. So if I we get 2 SAP customers then I get up to the raise that I was wanting. I'm still happy with my situation so I'll rev up my brain muscles for ideas Wink.

-- signature --

msimmons
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2017, 05:46:03 PM »

Yes I do sweat, but I carry clean clothes, a towel, a washrag, and some deo and I give myself a sponge bath after I arrive at the office. That's usually enough to get the stink off of me so that I can work without disturbing my co-worker.
I think i would feel gross all day. Funny how much I've changed since my punk rock days Another Tounge

It all depends on what you eat in this case. I've been trying to focus on eating more proteins after a long ride instead of starches. Hopefully then I'm not replacing all the fat I just burned Wink
Yeah, I think I was eating cereal ("healthy" cereal supposedly high in protein though). I keep telling myself I need to get back to being strict with my diet and working out a bit... but just haven't.

We were in Bayreuth this weekend as a family gatherings. Bayreuth is best known as being the home of Richard Wagner the Opera writer. The city was pretty nice and my wife and I are considering another visit, possibly without children, sometime in the future. There are plenty of things to see there. 
Sounds fun!

:shock: Hey that's better than a boot to the head. I didn't get the raise I was hoping for but I did get an offer.
Kind of, I was going to ask for quite a bit more in a couple weeks (or at least that's what I've been telling myself) and don't feel like I can now Another Tounge but I guess I'll just tell myself they wouldn't have been able to give me what I was going to ask for anyway (and save that number for when we have more clients).

Basically I'm going to be the "ideas" guy for our SAP development, and I should come up with ideas for new products that can integrate into SAP. As an incentive for the next 12 months every new SAP customer we get I get 2000. So if I we get 2 SAP customers then I get up to the raise that I was wanting. I'm still happy with my situation so I'll rev up my brain muscles for ideas Wink.
Sounds like a good incentive!

Well (not counting the food poisoning) I think it's been 6 months since I've been sick, so I was due Another Tounge Same exact sickness too... starts with a sore throat, then fever & congestion, now just a lingering cough... I'm on the mend now though!

..... .....

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2017, 08:03:21 AM »

I think i would feel gross all day. Funny how much I've changed since my punk rock days Another Tounge

laugh1 yeah I'm not one to take showers everyday. I do try to at least sponge bath at least once a day, and take showers a couple of times a week. Saves money on water Wink besides showering too much isn't so good for your skin.

Yeah, I think I was eating cereal ("healthy" cereal supposedly high in protein though). I keep telling myself I need to get back to being strict with my diet and working out a bit... but just haven't.

Yeah cereal is full of carbs and those turn to sugar which add fat. That's why I try not to eat carbs after 5pm, because after 5 I'm not doing anything to burn them off.

Kind of, I was going to ask for quite a bit more in a couple weeks (or at least that's what I've been telling myself) and don't feel like I can now Another Tounge but I guess I'll just tell myself they wouldn't have been able to give me what I was going to ask for anyway (and save that number for when we have more clients).

Good idea, once it looks like they are getting more clients then comeback and say something.

Well (not counting the food poisoning) I think it's been 6 months since I've been sick, so I was due Another Tounge Same exact sickness too... starts with a sore throat, then fever & congestion, now just a lingering cough... I'm on the mend now though!

I'm actually doing pretty good. I've had some headaches and nights where I don't sleep but other than that I'm doing fine. (Knock on wood).

Next weekend is our wedding anniversary, hard to believe we've been married for 14 years now.

-- signature --

Jason Reed
Administrator

Pure Evil Administrator

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 01:08:41 AM »

Double Post!

Here was our Sunday afternoon project with the family.

-- signature --

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print

Jump to: